Alcoholism and other addictive substances and habits

Old 12-23-2010, 11:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcoholism and other addictive substances and habits

Wonder if alcoholism is worsend by other addictions/behaviors or the alcoholic simply not dealing with it.

Im really wondering about alcohol and stuff like steroids,party drugs and caffeine filled drinks. I saw where they want to ban caffeine and alcohol combinations which is good. Wonder if steroid and other sport drinks/supplements act as caffeine. Doesn't help a short temper for sure. That's combo that has to be cooking the insides
Old 12-24-2010, 01:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

How will knowing this help you? Will it enable you to say they're 'only like that because they drank caffeine with the alcohol'? Will this give you a reason to excuse their behaviour? Will it make it more tolerable? I ask because, for too long a time, I used to excuse XAH's behaviour and abuse in this way. It took me a long time to reach the point where I could say that it didn't matter if he was drunk, drank a lot of caffeine or even ate blue cheese. Nothing could excuse his behaviour. It didn't make it all right for me to feel miserable, hurt, worthless and upset. I deserve better!