A dream or a gift from HP

Old 12-22-2010, 03:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A dream or a gift from HP

Dreamt last night that STBXAH (is that soon to be x?) and I got back together. He came to me saying he still loved me and wanted me back. We spent some time together at the park. We were swinging on a swing set in harmony and talking about all the good times we had together. I decided to give him a chance because of this interaction. Things seemed very harmonious and magical between us and I felt back in deep love with him and our life together.

Then I was with him at what used to be home. The house was beautiful and how I like to remember it being. We went to bed together and held each other talking a bit more before I feel asleep. I felt safe and cozy.

In the morning I awoke and discovered he had been up during the night and had gone to buy a beer. He had promised me he wasn’t drinking, but decided to go for “just one.” He said it was only one beer and he was still doing great with his sobriety otherwise. He got defensive and I got upset. I got quiet for a while and started thinking about my life. He sat there watching TV.

Then it was like there was a shift. The house I was in went from being clean and beautiful (what I remembered as home) to being totally messy with beer bottles and trash everywhere (the way it looked after I left to live with my mom). It was a crazy shift that in the dream felt profound and powerful. It was a shift into reality. I stepped outside of the fantasy of the way I thought things were and wanted them to be. I stepped into reality.
After more sitting with him in quiet I stood up and approached STBXAH. I told STBXAH I had made a mistake. I thought coming back would be great because we had such great times and such a beautiful connection, but the truth is it wasn’t that way anymore and I had to accept that. The kids were there this time playing and I gently told them we were going back to grandmas.

-Very powerful dream. Felt like a gift from my HP. Reminded me that while there once was a magical connection and some amazing times between us when we were young (I felt the park and swings represented that) that now in the present things had changed. I went back to him because I missed being young and carefree and I missed the times we used to share, but when things shifted from fantasy to reality I knew it was time to move on. I see the beauty in what we shared and I know I love him, but I can’t live in the fantasy anymore. Things will never be what they were; they are only what they are now. I feel a sense of sadness today, but I also feel very at peace with my life. Thought I would share this with my friends at SR.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is a very powerful dream. I think we process a lot of things in our sleep, too, and that's just about as clear a dream as you can have. Hugs.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have loads of dreams about ex but they are never good,just like life with him really,it helps me to have these dreams even though i hate them and it puts me in a mood for the whole day it is reinforcing what i knew all along anyway.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have had many dreams like this with differnt people that have left my life..at first it's all amazing, then goes rightback to what it was before...sunconcious/HP whatever I am always grateful for those dreams!
Old 12-22-2010, 05:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Crystal, that was very powerful; thank you so much for sharing.

Hope you have a lovely holiday.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

...thank you for sharing that...

I think a lot of times I feel obligated to stay because of the wonderful times that G and I have had together.
It's a good reminder that just because he was that way doesn't necessarily mean he'll ever be that way again, and it certainly doesn't mean that I owe him anything. It's a choice, not an obligation, and the choice belongs to me.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rising from the Ashes

crystal226, I believe in the power of dreams! Our mind and spirit together with our brain, is actually the greatest computer ever devised!

Dreams are a communication of body, mind and spirit in a symbolic communicative environmental state of being. Your brain mind and spirit, while at rest "review" and analysis in it's own way long term, short term and spirit memory. Dreams can be processed through psychic intuition, which we ALL have to a certain degree, and any communication from God. ALL THIS data, as well as your subconscious "reading between the lines" of what people do and tell you, is then processed unsupervised by you! All this data is a form of chaos, and your mind puts it all together in a dream.

I have had dreams that forecasted future events that have actually played out in the real world!

I feel it's important to analyze our dreams and pay attention to them!

Just my personal opinion. Take what you like and leave the rest.

Love and Peace,

Phoenix
Old 12-23-2010, 10:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Thanks crystal, this helped me come back down to Earth, it is so very difficult to mourn someone that died when the body is still living and roaming around. I thought I was going crazy. I will always miss that person but I can find peace and enjoy my life at the same time. Thanks for the reminder - no more fantasy.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing that!