Small gift from HP...

Old 12-22-2010, 12:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Small gift from HP...

...in the form of...

My first child support cheque.

I was speechless when I saw the bank statement.
I even called the CS office to make sure it wasn't a mistake.
Sure enough, it's not.

I'm "supposed to" receive 111$ twice a month...until XAH disappears that is.

But until then, I'm going to do a happy dance, thank HP and go open a registered education savings account for DD.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's a Christmas miracle!
Old 12-22-2010, 12:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I love that you are using the money to save for education. I was thinking the same thing if I get some child support sent my way and besides it's not like you can count on the money showing up every month anyway
Old 12-22-2010, 12:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Crystal...yep, I don't think this money is going to be in any way "regular"...but I had been wanting to open an education savings account for DD since there are nice government grants available if you do it before the child turns 5.

Considering how much money ("my money") XAH burned through while we were together, I find it very satisfying to put the money away, let it accumulate what little interest it can, and go directly towards educating DD...Heheh XAH always said that education was useless and now, whether he likes it or not, he'll be contributing to DD's education
Old 12-22-2010, 02:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

YAY!!!! I'm so happy for you, NoDay, and DD!

I'm still waiting, and will definitely not count on getting anything. But the court made his payments due back to the date of separation and I've added up the past due amount and it's enough for a down payment on a home. Trying really hard to not get my hopes up and to remember that the reason those payments are past due is that he's refused to pay anything.

XAH turned in (part of) the paperwork he was supposed to turn in to the court to recalculate his support payments starting Jan. 1, and even though he lied on the forms and didn't turn in the over time letter from his boss, the court fixed his 'mistakes' and the payment amount increased by about a $100 a month from what he was supposed to be paying before. If he turns in the OT info he 'forgot', it'll go up more. If he doesn't, well, the court will have words with him. Personally, I'm expecting XAH to quit this job soon because they didn't have enough work for him or they disrespected him or...

But back to NoDay's excellent news!

I need to talk my young nephews into letting me video them doing their 'the clouds are parting and sun shining on today, this most excellent day and on this most excellent <insert nerf gun, Wii game, restaurant dessert, etc.>, aaaaaaaaaaaahhh' bit. Because it would work perfectly here. And it's hilarious, but maybe that's because I'm their auntie....