How do I word this?

Old 12-20-2010, 09:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How do I word this?

I'm trying to figure out how to type what I am thinking. When I start something, I delete it and Step 1 keeps echoing in my mind. I am struggling with knowing how do you quit worrying over the A in your life? If I don't say anything about what I suspect as pill abuse, am I sending a message to the A that 1) I don't care or 2) I am not aware of what's going on?
Old 12-20-2010, 09:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I anguished over the same types of things for a very very long time.

I finally figured out it doesn't actually matter what I say, how I say it, or if I say it at all. A's don't read their messages What I do is what matters.

I would recommend attending Al-anon. This will help you clear your thinking, help you separate yourself from them (ie not be consumed by the worry), etc., so you'll know what the next thing to do is, etc. etc. With each step done, the next step will be revealed. This is what I finally found helped me. Trying to predict the outcome kept me paralyzed and stuck - I had to focus on the next thing.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

you take the focus off them and put it on you with lots and lots of Practice..it is not an overnight, nor 100% kinda deal..progress, not perfection!