I think I am depressed...winter blues..?

Old 12-20-2010, 07:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I think I am depressed...winter blues..?

I feel so overwhelmed.
I am still doing my work, still pretty much keeping my days mine...but, I feel a sense of doom.

I may need to see someone for my own depression. I have taken antidepressants before, and had success, but have really wanted to address the issues at the core instead of medicating them.

I feel like I am making his work harder, I am cranky and cynical.

Iknow I have good reasons for this.

Just talking to you guys. I dont have internet at the house, yet, and I have been a little isolated.

The winter blues always get me alittle, but its kind of early in the season for this.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am sorry you are feeling blue~ I am too but am trying to focus on the positives! I also take Vitamin D which helps a bit and actually had to start Zoloft. Please try to do something special for yourself- even if it is little and remember Life is a blessing and we are blessed for what we do have. One day at a time~
Old 12-20-2010, 09:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

You are not alone Buffalo - also sometimes hormones make a number as LTD says - it is just part of the human condition. I am also trying to avoid antidepressants..

Some tips-

I scan myself often RE HALT rule -hungry,angry,lonely,tired- and do something about how I feel.

I also got a few books that inspire me, biographies about strong women. I also have identified my life has been lacking art. So I am looking for music I enjoy, looking for concerts to attend, getting out my paints to draw stuff myself.

Yoga is also a HUGE mood enhancer for me and is when I truly rest from the endless chattering and judgments from my mind. I hope you give it a try and perhaps take a class, or just get a beginner's yoga DVD.... it is truly worth it.

Hugs!
Old 12-20-2010, 04:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Rising from the Ashes