Love and compassion

Old 12-19-2010, 06:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Love and compassion

(((Hello SR)))

I finished my first week at my new job and I cant express how happy I am there. I feel tears of joy sometimes. I feel so very blessed.

I took it easy this weekend because I was exhausted from the week. So many new things to get used too.

On Saturday I got a gift in the mail. The message was cut off so I couldnt tell who it was from. It was a lovely scarf from Coach. I saw the phone number on the receipt and it was one digit off from my exah. Which is weird because its supposed to have been my phone number as I was the recipient.
So I texted him and asked him if he sent me something and of course he said he did and hoped I liked it. I didnt really know what to say. I could care less. When a friend asked me how I felt about it, I answered her that I missed Jack, the guy who I was seeing recently who ended up being immature. I texted my ex thank you and that he didnt have to do that. We are divorced for pete's sake. I thought about it and wondered if I should send him a gift but decided I didnt want to go there. At all.

I am not sure if anyone reads Courage to Change. I went to read it tonight and read tomorrow's by accident but it was so fitting. It talked about having self love and extending love and compassion to others, even if they have wronged us. I thought about self love. Today I gave myself self love. I cleaned the house, I took care of me and worked out and when I get sad about Jack, I just steer the attention back to me. The passage also said by having self love it attracts others to us because they see something in us they want to have in themselves. I thought about all the love I have around me. Some of it may not be the type of love I want for myself but I know ( my parents) mean the best even though it seems we live on two different galaxies.

This entry made me think about the type of person I want to be. Loving towards myself and others. Spiritual. React with compassion and maturity versus attacking back. I want to take care of my body, soul and mind. And I realized I am doing just that. I have a lot of love around me in different ways. I feel when I work out and take care of my personal appearance it bonds me closer to myself. I really want this self love. And I really want to finish school already.

This is just what I needed today. I am turning 36 in a few days and it depresses me. I thought at this age I would have the perfect husband, the house, the two kids and a happy life. I have had to accept that hasnt happened yet. But I release it to my HP.

I really thougth December 20th passage was such a great one. I am right where I need to be. And I wanted to share with you guys. Not a day doesnt go by when I dont come here and read and get something out of it.

Hugs and Love,

Lulu
Old 12-20-2010, 01:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you, Lulu. I used to read Courage to Change faithfully, but hadn't in a while. Thank you for sharing and the reminder.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Rising from the Ashes

Old 12-21-2010, 07:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Lulu,

thank you so much for sharing. I really needed this today. I have the day off and was having a hard time getting out of bed (which never ends up being good for me because I just end up being depressed), but your post made me want to get up and read courage for change myself (as I haven't done so in a while) and have a productive day! So, thanks

BTW, I'm so glad you are doing well and loving your job. I don't think I ever posted (much) to your threads, but remember reading some of them and thinking at time "wow, lulu is going through the exact same thing I am going through right now".

Have a wonderful week