Notices

what's up everybody???

Old 12-19-2010, 07:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what's up everybody???

sorry i haven't checked in lately. it's been way too long and i feel bad for not checking up on amigos like neo. when i have checked in i see he is still 'schoolin' and it brings a smile to my face. he ROCKS.

for newcomers....i quit september 8th in 2009 after a TOXIC 3 day weekend. i went to work and barely made it through half a day before leaving and vowing to quit drinking.

just like any newcomer i went through all the bad shite both physical and mental. i had quit two times before for 60 days and 100 days but it didn't stick.

every time i have used this wonderful place and these wonderful people to quit.

it has been the best year and 3 months of my life. i'm in better physical shape than i have been in some time. i don't work out or exercise but i've been rebuilding a home for my oldest son and that has got me in shape.

i'm in the best shape financially that i have been in some time. i was easily spending over 3k per year on drink (vodka) so that is 3k in my pocket. i keep up with my bills better so no wonderful late fees.

i've had some days where i wanted to drink. i'm not gonna lie about that. but i didn't and was glad that i didn't the next day. nowadays i'll get a passing thought about it but nothing like during the first 3 months.

i know some of you newcomers think..."this guy has 15 months sober, he can't remember what it was like at first"....trust me i do. i'm talking about shaking, no sleep. teeth grinding. weird intestinal facts. lol.

but it is truly amazing how much better the body gets each day without drink. the mind too. i think so much clearer.

my family is very glad to have sober dad and husband back. but sometimes i bet they wish they had 'passed out on the sofa' dad back because i miss nothing these days. and i call them on it....lol.

just wanted to check back in and say hola to everyone on here.

david.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to know you are doing so well ...
Thanks for checking in
Old 12-19-2010, 09:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post
Good to know you are doing so well ...
Thanks for checking in
no carol, thank YOU for being here for me through 2 failed attempts and one so far successful attempt.

people like you that are here every day welcoming in a new crop and giving them love and support. you may know how much you mean to a guy that is just shaking but i'm not sure. trust me when i tell you.....it made a difference with me.

david.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey man!! Thanks for checking in and it's great to hear from you mate!! Thanks for thinking of me too, it means a lot and I truly mean that.

I'm really pleased that things are working out for you mate and you deserve it. Congratulations on your sober time too!!

Peace
Old 12-19-2010, 09:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Glad you are doin so well fallen. Good for you!
Old 12-19-2010, 09:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm so happy to hear you are doing so well. I agree with you. SR was what got me through my first week. I've been here since. I came here desperate as one can be. Now I'm into my 8th month. Like you, I sure remember the ups and downs when trying to quit. So all you newcomers keep reading and posting. We can get sober and live happily without alcohol. Congratulations A Fallen Man, your sure standing up straight now! Make sure you check in, we love to hear success stories!

Old 12-19-2010, 10:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NEOMARXIST View Post
Hey man!! Thanks for checking in and it's great to hear from you mate!! Thanks for thinking of me too, it means a lot and I truly mean that.

I'm really pleased that things are working out for you mate and you deserve it. Congratulations on your sober time too!!

Peace
neo....you're the first person i look for when i check in. i am definitely a slacker for not helping out the way you do but i have really been working my culo off on this house.

there is no way i could have undertaken this project if i were still drinking. my son has moved into it but there is still much to go. i'm bustin' out skillz that i've always had but had let go dormant.

i mean what i said about carol and folks like anna and others that are here to greet and love.

you are turning into a board sage for folks. your stuff is always dead on and i know it makes folks look at themselves and see what you're talking about.

i'm just happy you're still here. even if you weren't on the board, i'd have faith that you were okay. but it's still nice to click on my link and see 'neomarxist' has started a new thread.

keep on rockin' my brutha. i'll try to check back in more often.

david.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks for your post! its very inspirering and motivational to read. i am currently on day 5...again lol and it helps alot.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Always glad to see you AFM. I just reached a year sober and, like you, the last year has been the best of my life... well, after the first couple months anyway. I too am paying bills on time and feeling better than i have in ages. Come visit more often. And how about putting your recovery story in the recovery stories forum? Might be a good message for others.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Take away the alcohol...BRING ON THE HAPPY! Good job Mister..
Old 12-19-2010, 11:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wow, I am so glad to see you back here, and especially glad to hear how well you're doing. Be very proud of yourself!
Old 12-19-2010, 12:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Eating protein and life.

What an inspirational share, thanks for the update and congratulations to you!
Old 12-19-2010, 01:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you David - and always good to get an update
thanks - and merry christmas!

D