just checking in

Old 12-16-2010, 07:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

just checking in

It's been awhile since I posted, but I've been reading.
Joey is still doing well (suboxone). I wish he would wean himself off of those too but leaving it alone!
My older son, I suspect he may be abusing percosets, (he's never been an addict). I confronted him, he assures me he is not so, leaving that alone too.
My life is going pretty well, I had my gastric bypass Nov 22nd and already lost 31 lbs. just 100 more to go.
Still a process to leave everyones life to themselves but so far so good.
There's a serial killer in my neighborhood, I'm sure it's made national news by now. (Philadelphia area) It's very unnerving, he is killing white female addicts. I believe he is up to 5 murders plus 3 attacks on woman that fought back and survived. They know what he looks like but when you're in a big city you can blend.

Happier times ahead!!

Love to you all
Rahsue
Old 12-16-2010, 07:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BBD

Hi Rahsue, Nice to see you here and happy to hear your surgery is going well. I have a friend that had that done 3 years ago and today she is a size 6 and loving herself. Good to hear about your boys also. You've got it though. Stay out of the way cause if things are going to happen~~they will~~~~with or without mom....big hugs and smiles, Bonnie
Old 12-16-2010, 10:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

That took a lot of strength and courage to have surgery and make a weight loss commitment...Way to go Rahsue.

We get so much more energy and clarity when we leave our loved one's choices to them and learn where our responsibility ends. Doing this takes a commitment too.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((((Rashue))) - SOOOOO glad to hear from you!!! Way to go on the surgery!! My mom-Kay's son had it done a couple years ago, and she didn't even recognize him several months later, when he came for a visit (out of state).

You and your boys are always in my prayers, and I will rev them up a bit, knowing about the serial killer...eesh!!

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-17-2010, 05:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh my, Rahsue! So good to see your picture here and to hear the good news. Yes, indeed, it is so freeing to know that our loved ones are being guided to a better life on an even faster track when we get out of the way of it!

Thanks for the update!