Steve

Old 12-15-2010, 04:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Steve

I am not going to post the link here but I want to ask you to go to youtube and look up the video of Metalllica's version of "Turn The Page"

This is a look at only one side of that lady in question. It is enough. But I can find more. It is just really telling. The lady speaks about her choices.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Warning: strong content R rated IMO

I changed my mind, here is the link:

YouTube - Metallica - Turn The Page
Old 12-15-2010, 11:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Live))) - that song, by Bob Seger, has always been a favorite of mine got it on my mp3 THIS video is some powerful stuff. She's putting what she wants ahead of her daughter's well-being. So very sad.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-16-2010, 01:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I love the song and the band!

Yes, she is in complete denial and wouldn't change a thing, she says. She doesn't see anything wrong with it and is proud of her entertainment career.
She likes what she does for a living.

There are other far more graphic videos involving drugs and prostitution, I don't think I want to post them here. Many of them also keep boyfriends, as well.

Nothing any of us could say would change her mind, ya think?
Old 12-16-2010, 06:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
FGB

I agree, very powerful. However, I also saw the other side of the coin this time, referring to "certain phrases or labels." She is someone's mother. Either way, it is very sad. Thanks for posting. FGB
Old 12-16-2010, 08:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

painful
Old 12-16-2010, 09:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wow,........

you know, it's obvious what she's doing is wrong but we don't "understand" her frame of mind.

it could be she feels life is a losing battle. could be she cannot feel any more pain for herself or her daughter. could be she's saying "she'd do it all over again if given a choice" is because she never felt or saw any other choice.

I love that song.

Thanks for posting it.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Cynical, I am not pointing a cold-blooded labelling finger but there are some huge differences in choosing these professions.

Prostitution is illegal, the exposure to violence is extremely high, the risk of life threatening disease is greatly increased, the exposure to others, i.e., the clients and their unsuspecting spouses to these illnesses is insupportable (most clients are married statistically). The children are often exposed to abuse far beyond what is shown in this video and most often become wards of the state.

Many times the women are products of abuse in the home and are then threatened and controlled by "managers" on the street. It is an extraordinarily dangerous lifestyle. They are or become victims also.

I realize this is a controversial and highly charged issue.

What I did see was the very high incidence of drug addiction being the driving force in this lifestyle and an unwillingness to seek or receive help when it is offered.

The woman who "acted" this part represents very well real women in this particular venue. And this is a softer example.
Someone I know well used to hang out with a woman who whenever the trio of gals wanted to party (cocaine) would enthusiastically go raise party money for all of them in a similar manner.

Anyone who has ever gone to a public clinic to be tested for STD is asked "When is the last time you exchanged sex for money or drugs?"
Old 12-16-2010, 10:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

there's no rhyme nor reason sometimes in this messed up world. at times I wonder what drives a human to destroy themselves, what kind of human being is that can become a serial killer, what kind of man can violently abuse women and children then go home and act like nothing happened.

it's pretty depressing and I have no hope that it will ever change.

there's the issue of nurture/nature argument or malfunction in the brain argument, but I still just can't understand it.

humans are creatures that have evolved to live beyond the "just act out of animal instinct" way. We have gone to a place where even animals don't.

I wonder about this many times.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I agree with you Cynical. 100%

Some of my very best friends have been strippers and prostitutes who are no longer in the life.
Therefore I want to apologize if I have seemed judgemental or have been judgemental.

I would say more but do not wish to incriminate myself or some of the people I love.

I chose to post this for one reason only. I wanted to show Steve something beyond words, something I felt had a bit more impact and to demonstrate that this woman who is a pretty good representative was okay with her choices and not seeking changes.

James Hedfield, the frontman for Metallica is a recovered alcoholic and addict. He openly speaks about his crazed rock and roll lifestyle and how life on the road was all about drugs, getting wasted and checking out the girlie joints in the next city. He is well familiar with this lifestyle.

He is clean today. Still married and has his girls in ballet. a far cry from his previous lifestyle. He took a very long break from his career to get clean and return to the band.

Much of his music makes statements and I wonder what he had in mind when he made this one?

I was surprised as all get out to learn that some of my best loved songs of old were actually about his struggles with the religious upbringing in his family and his related traumas.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that this remake and video is precisely about drug addiction and choice.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

live-
thank you for the post and link. i know some people are content with such choices. i think if my friend said as much, i would have an easier time walking away. knowing that she deep down doesnt want this is what keeps me hooked.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Steve, what is your definaton of she doesn't want this? She continues to do these things just as my two ASs and AH do. No one is forcing her that I have read here anyways.

Do you mean because she says she wants better? Because actions, speak volumes over words.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Pour young Babe hardly has a chance of ever being able to live life as a child. She has probably seen more and knows more of that side life than we could ever imagine.

My exah and I had a friend that we both grew up with. His life of drugs use started very early, by the age of 15 he was in deep. He married a stripper, she continued to strip even while they were married, they lived the party life hard. Then they had a baby and still continued to live life in the fast lane. Social Services came in manytimes and removed her and then they would get her back again, this went on for years. They ended up divorced, he was killed in a single car accident, hit a tree while all doped up. As the years went on the young baby now in her early teens got into the drugs, started a career in stripping and now she has a girl of her own, just in her early teens....and the pattern continues on...they know no better, to them this is life as they see it, just as how we see life.

Just a bit more of something that I just remembered that happened years ago. My exah and his family were very good friends with the parents of the our friend that passed away. Both my exah's parents and our friends parents were uppities, they were having a big dinner gathering with other friends, putting on the airs. Our friends wife was really out of it and her in-laws descreatly got her to go down and go to bed, all was rolling along nicely and ta taing was happening with the parents when up the stairs came the friends wife from her bed, I guess she got into more of what she had and she started to strip right in the middle of everyone....oh my oh my, what a night that was!

Rose
Old 12-16-2010, 11:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Steve,
I am really really sad for you, as I know you know what she is doing is distroying her and heartbreaking you, but at this point I don't think that you are capable of getting out of it and moving on. It was said to me once (Truthfully) I hadn't had enough knocks on the head yet, I had to go through more, more choas, upset and termoil until I finally started to really grasp it and begin to let go of an endless battle. It is different for all of us, some of us only need one knock on the head others need 10 or 20 knocks and it is only within our ownselves that it finally hits us. When we get to that point, making the desision to move on is much less of a confusion. I really don't think that you are in that right space now and you are causing yourself more harm by trying to put yourself there, you have a battle of the mind going on. There is just something that happens inside of us, like a true confirmation that tells us ENOUGH, something just snaps into place, I just don't think you have had that snap yet Steve. I am not saying that once you get to this point that all the feelings of hurt and pain go away, but the feeling of enough is very strong.

Until you get there Steve, you know all the pre-cautions to take with an active addict....right!

Rose
Old 12-16-2010, 11:44 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
FGB

Steve, I might be all wrong for saying this, but dammit, slappin you upside your head, get with it. Listen to what ALL these people are telling you!! Walk away, now, and save yourself. Or stay with it, and suffer. Please take care of yourself. You are all you have and all that you can depend on. I won't say another word. FGB
Old 12-19-2010, 08:40 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

*gulps* gosh, we have so many choices...but what are they? I so am listening to every word to each and everyone of you....thank you for sharing...and opening my heart
Old 12-19-2010, 10:08 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Live i like it so much. Metallica really do inspire me. Thanks for posting.