Told my sister and mom

Old 12-15-2010, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Told my sister and mom

Well, not everything, but enough that they know that it is time to get out.

His selfish spending continues, last night he bought a $25 hdmi cable, a cable that was completely un-necessary as I had one sitting around(that I got for free) so..I get $25 to buy groceries now(returning the just bought one for the cash, already installed the other one). I feel pathetic having to do this, and I shouldn't have too either. It just gets me mad at him all over again.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i remember once my xABF went and bought himself £50 pair of jeans. we were totally broke, me struggling for money for groceries like you. he came home with them on and said he bought them for me. he said that way, he would look good for me.

unbelievable.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you for sharing with your family. I know that when I did the same, I felt as though I had freed myself of a big burden. I could finally go to them for a little support.

And you're right...you shouldn't have to return things he purchased to get the essentials.

My XAH *always* found ways to justify his purchases, like he "needed" to get a PS3 since it would prevent him from going out to the movies and spending lots (and spending time away from me)....so I HAD to let him get it....yah, right.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This was so the picture of his xbox would look better. He won a 26in flat screen at his christmas party on Saturday night, previously he had a 20 inch standard tv at his "video game" station. Even though the standard hookup he had previously used was working just fine(he hadn't said anything about an HDMI cable for it once he hooked it up, I figured it didn't matter and didn't go dig out the one I already had)

I'm going to my bank and cashing in coins too. All in all I should end up with about $35, and trust me, I know how to stretch that as far as possible.

And yes, he uses those excuses for his games too, the "at least I'm not going out every night" excuse.

Last edited by pixilation; 12-15-2010 at 07:29 AM. Reason: added a few things
Old 12-15-2010, 07:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

To this day, and despite the fact that I was a Super Mario fan (oooh I feel old saying that), I DESPISE video games and consider them an utter waste of time. XAH was as dependent on his video games and damned DVDs as he was on alcohol or sleeping pills. He used them to escape reality and to imagine himself as some sort of war hero. And of course, there was *always* a new game to be spent on, a new gadget he HAD to get, so it was a never-ending money pitt.

I know video games are part of our culture and that they can be fun, but they still trigger in me a LOT of hatred.

Ooops sorry for the hijack pixilation.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh yes..the PS3 in the house? That was purchased by him on a whim, because he'd been told how "cool" the games were for it. Well, he ended up hating all the games for it, and it sat, un-used on his tv stand for over a year, before I finally took it and started using it for streaming Netflix in the living room. Did that after I had to cancel cable, because he wasn't keeping up on that bill either.

I remember how mad I was about the 360, he bought it because of Fable. 3 weeks before Christmas.

And I feel the same way about video games a lot of the time too.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Noday and Pix, I think we'd all agree addiction is addiction, and a lot of people are addicted to video games. While I'm not a gamer myself because I don't enjoy them, I put them in exactly the same catagory as alcohol.

Just like alcohol, "normal" people use games appropriately, addicts can't/don't. It totally makes sense they would be a trigger for you.