had enough

Old 12-14-2010, 07:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

had enough

Hello everyone,

I have not been posting much mostly because I had to figure things out. I have finally come to my end. I have given my AH a choice, either he stays clean or moves out. With that there is conditions:
1. He has to pass drug tests to stay in our home
2. He has to be in a program of some sort
3. He has no access to money
The money part is mostly because we are so much in debt due to his addiction that we will lose properties.

I am totally back to who I was when I met him and happy with my choices.

He has chosen to give all control up for him to get treatment and actually admitted to me it will probably be at least a year before he can be trusted.

I really tried to make it through Christmas for the kids but my health is in question now and I am not doing this anymore. I have to come first along with my kids. I grew up with this BS and I am not going to raise my kids in it.

Thank you to all that post I have read most and it has pulled me through
Old 12-14-2010, 07:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lc1972 View Post

I am totally back to who I was when I met him and happy with my choices.

This jumped out at me - such a strong statement! You need to do what you need to do for you and your kids. Addiction can be so ugly, sad, tragic. Yet, you have found yourself again. Good for you.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am still amazed at how much I let my morals and beliefs get bent from him and his addiction. What I realized is this started well before he actually relapsed, years ago in fact. I allowed little things at a time to slip and eventually this is where I ended up. I always made excuses of it will be ok, I have to hold the family together, it will get better and so on and so on. I have to say not knowing what is coming tomorrow, a month, or a year from now is pretty scary but staying like this scares me more.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Yankee

Good for you indeed! Stay strong Sister and follow through with your conditions...