Questions about Criminal Procedures

Old 12-12-2010, 06:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Questions about Criminal Procedures

I just found out that my exabf was indicted for GL3 and Robbery3 X2 on Dec.3rd. I stumbled upon a public document when trying to find info about his where abouts on the p.c. He was being held in the county jail and was listed on their census for the past month or so and updating his hearing dates. I recently looked him up to see if he is still there as I have cut all contact and is no longer on the census as of Wednesday. I also don't see him listed on the State census either. I wonder if he has been released on his own recognizance until trial? I find it hard to believe that this would be the case as he has a prior conviction. I just want to know if anyone knows if there would be another reason for not showing up in the system, and how can I find out about his trial?? I just need to know what to expect. I find myself becoming anxious thinking he has been released or will be and I wont know. I don't know why its bothering me. I guess I just want to put closer to this night mare and cant do that fully until I know the outcome. Is any one here familiar with Grand Jury indictments and what the procedures are??
Old 12-12-2010, 07:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry, this really isn't my forte. It could be that he was transferred to a prison after the trail? You could try looking him up in a prison database?

I used to be able to hunt online for these kinds of records (court records and such), but it seems to be a pay by view system now which is kind of frustrating. Unless he's a minor, I would think that all court documents and judgments are a matter of public record.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

He is in NY
Old 12-12-2010, 11:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have looked him up in the NY DOC and found his prior conviction info, but nothing recent. I dont think he would be in a prison yet as he hasnt gone to trial yet (I think) He was just indicted. I thought maybe there is some sort of holding place other than the county jail (which he is not listed either) I have a feeling he is either just in transition some where or he has been ROCd. I guess Ill just have to wait it out. Thanks for the help though, I appreciate it!
Old 12-12-2010, 03:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

O.k Thanks Cynical One. I will see what I can find. He has to be some where because they wouldn't release him,I'm pretty certain any way!!
Old 12-12-2010, 03:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh wow!!!! I just went to that web site and it said he was released!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant believe it! It said he was released on the 8th. I am very confused. I dont know if this is released on recognizance untill trial or if charges were dropped. It doesnt say! Thanks Cynical One. I will just have to be mindful that he may show up here. He hasnt contacted me yet, so hopefully he wont!!!!
Old 12-12-2010, 06:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Are you afraid for your safety?

If so you can let the police know and you can get an emergency restraining order in place.

If you just don't want to deal with him or he harasses you, you can still get that order in place.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Exactly. Get an order of restraint/no contact or whatever type NY has for domestic partners who don't want an contact from an ex...it is not a difficult procedure at all, in my experience. Change your locks if he has a key and remain vigilant about your surroundings.

If you are just worrying about his convictions and indictments because you are out of control obsessing, though, that is a different problem. If that is the case, even partly the case, get yourself to an alanon/naranon meeting, because this type of circular thinking can be stopped. You don't have to go it alone. There are many women there who will be able to tell you how to get through this and how to live a happier life.

Love,
KJ
Old 12-13-2010, 03:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for your concern and advice!! I will certainly get an order if need be. I am honestly not worried about my safety. How ever he has always been persistent and manipulative. I haven't heard from him though since a letter several weeks ago. In the letter he asked me not to contact him....not that I was going to, but a little bit odd for him to say. I have respected this request as we both need to move on. I just feel a need for closure. I guess knowing his fate either way will help. Maybe this is not healthy and I should just not give a sh*# what happens to him! I will let it go. If I am meant to know the out come of this then I'm sure it will be!! Thanks every one!