Notices

13 days sober.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

13 days sober.

Justy an update. 13 days sober and I don't even have a craving for any wine. Feeling good. I can go to work and not trying to hide my shaky hands. My face looks thinner Drinking lots of water and tea. My husband is away on a trip and I am home alone. This is when I would of LUV to have lots of wine, without him bitching. But instead I am reading post's on here. I ordered "The Big Book" from ebay and should have it soon. I am going to re-read Allen Carr's book. Thanks for all of your support!!
Old 12-10-2010, 05:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Bochuck,

Being alone when my husband was away was a huge trigger for me, too. And, like you, a lot of that trigger was tied to my resentment of him telling me I was drinking too much. And, 13 days sober is great and I'm glad you're feeling better.

Keep reading and posting.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your upcoming two weeks sober!! Feels good to wake up feeling good, doesn't it?
Old 12-10-2010, 06:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are doing great, those days become years much faster than you would think.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Way to go on your 13 days!!! You are on your way...
Old 12-10-2010, 06:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Anna you are right. The trigger was the resentment of him telling me I am drinking too fast, too much. So when he was away I would get 2 bottles andd drink as much and as fast as I wanted. I read back from some of your earlier posts from years ago. The only anxiety I have now (which would make me drink) is I have a nephew like you mentioned oabout yours. He is 17 now and very abusive to my parents his grandparents, who he lives with. Because his mother ihas been on drugs since she was 16 she is now 47 and just got out of prison. I am afraid he will hurt them. He tried suicide last month. I have a friend calling my parents now to see how they are because I have to get up early and I am prone to anxiety attacks. So learning not to drowned myself in wine. I have to learn how to deal with this family stuff (which that is just the tip of the iceburg) sober. Little by little
Old 12-10-2010, 06:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your 13 days bochuck

I'm sorry for the situation with your nephew - that must be tough - but I'm glad you're not losing your sobriety over it.

Dealing with crises and problems is a skill I think - we can learn it like any other.

D
Old 12-10-2010, 07:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
xuse

way to go
Old 12-10-2010, 07:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

yes Dee74 . Dealing with a crisis is a NEW situation for me. (sober). I always wondered why I drank so much all these years. Last night I was thinking maybe because of my sister always disrupting our family with all her drug ansd mental outbursts. I look back now in hind sight that when I would go and visit my parents, listening to all the crap she does and the grief she gives my parents I feel helplessbecause my parents are enabelers to her. So I drink more when I am around them. go figure...you would think you would want to hide it from your parents. I needed it. Now I need to learn how to deal with life without the bottle.