Notices

Day 3

Old 12-08-2010, 07:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trying.

Day 3

Hey all! Day three here and while I am doing good keeping beer of my mind I am starting to feel weird. I guess I'm wondering if some of the things I'm feeling are normal withdraw symptoms.

1. I haven't been hungry. I mean my stomach rumbles but I don't feel like eating. I've ate once a day and mostly cause I have to at least eat a little something.

2. My perception seems to be off.. I catch things out of the corner of my eyes that distract me. Most of the time it's just a shadow or quick movement but it's strange.

3. I'm not really depressed but I sort of feel like a zombie at some points, like I am just doing things to pass the time and I feel anti-social.

Other Than that I'm fine. Nice to wake up on time and not feel like crap, and I already feel more energetic.

Well thanks for the advice all, you guys and girls rock.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Day6
I wasn't hungry the first day but made myself eat little snacks. I pounded the water and gatorade to replenish all the electrolytes.
For me, I was off balance and kind of dizzy, zombie like as well. I believe for me it was dehydration. It started to go away as my body started getting what it needed. I hunkered down for 3 full days before I ventured out.....did not even talk on the phone. I needed to take care of myself.

So the way I see it, you sound alot like me! Stick with it. Day 4 will be even better!
Old 12-08-2010, 08:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If you start getting serious withdrawal symptoms or if you're remotely concerned about anything, please make an appointment with your doctor or go the emergency room! That being said, my experience with withdrawal was similar to yours. Day 3 is great, keep it up and keep checking in with us here if it helps!
Old 12-08-2010, 08:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Flguy - Sounds like withdrawal symptoms. I am on Day 4, didn't have the no eating, in fact bought fast food everyday so far, twice even. However I have felt like crap and disoriented. Not unhappy just unreal. I would think about a doctor if it gets worse.Congrats on Day 3!!

Vicious cycle - Congrats on day 6. Keep it up. I think staying in and taking care of yourself is important. I have appts. all this week and parties to got this weekend and I feel like hiding away. Going to go get some books and drink lots of coffee.

Looking forward to day 5!
Old 12-08-2010, 09:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The first week or two can be a bumpy ride, for sure. But with each passing sober day you'll start feeling better. And if you don't start feeling better soon, please see your doctor to make sure you're well.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Trying.

Thanks all. I dont think it's too serious or any, I think my body just needs to adust going 72 hours without getting a buzz going. As far as the unreal feeling, it may just be that it's been so damn long since I was sober that I forgot what it was like. I seriously can't remember the last time I went 3 days without drinking, he'll let alone a day for that matter.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

some, if not all, of those things can be signs of withdrawal flguy - so I agree with the others - if you feel concerned or don't feel better soon see a Dr.

D
Old 12-08-2010, 03:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Trying.

Thanks Dee. I'm not depressed, have any shakes, or cold sweating or anything so I'm doing ok. I will go to the doctor if I think something is seriously wrong. The 20 minute car ride home today was really rough though. Every store I passed made me think of it but luckily I bought a carton of smokes and filled my gas tank yesterday so I'd have no reason to stop. I have heard it may start to get easier after day 3 so I thought ahead.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Keep on collecting days..it does get better and better!
Old 12-08-2010, 05:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Flguy View Post
Every store I passed made me think of it but luckily I bought a carton of smokes and filled my gas tank yesterday so I'd have no reason to stop.
I think planning ahead like that really pays off. Good for you!