Notices

Had enough

Old 12-07-2010, 03:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Had enough

I just joined this site a few mins ago. I have had several day 1's and today is another one of those. I am so tired of getting beaten up by my insane amounts of alcohol I consume every day. The longest I have ever been sober was 45 or 46days. My last relapse was the end of this past september and within a week or so I was right back to drinking 18 to 20somethin beers a day which recently has really scared me that my tolerence jumped right back up like all the other times when I was drinking. I keep using the excuse " Its ok Im in my 20s and thats perfectly normal to drink that much" but reality is, to be able to drink like that every day and not have hangovers is not what I consider a normal drinker. Every time I have the slightest emotion the first thing that comes to mind is drown it with booze! I have millions of excuses to justify crackin that beer open but I am finally starting over again and willing to do whatever it takes to stay sober and healthy. Its so crazy to think that I have been choosing to stay home by myself drinking alone over hanging out with friends or family for so many years. I want to be a better person and stop being so isolated. I used to enjoy going out and being outdoors until 6 yrs ago when I started staying inside, just me and whatever I was drinking that day.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR BoozeFree

Yeah I remember how scary it was to look at what my tolerance was too - and how small my world had become.

Good call for you to recognise that and start to do something about it in your 20s

You'll find a lot of ideas support and encouragement here
Welcome!

D
Old 12-07-2010, 04:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Had you thought about what you are going to different this time? Having a recovery plan and sticking to it can make all the difference in the world.

Welcome to SR!
Old 12-07-2010, 04:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RGB

Welcome aboard! Just stay away from that first beer, you can do it! I hope your sobriety opens that door to your house so you can step outside more often
Old 12-07-2010, 04:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I can relate to that. I had 9 months and then I relapsed. The most sobriety I've managed to get since is two days (throughout a relapse running at 3 weeks and counting). I'm in my 20s also and it's hard, I get it. I'm also a major isolator.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Helena

D
Old 12-07-2010, 04:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR B.Free ! .....and helenaKL !

SR has been a real lifesaver for me the last 8 months; ...plenty of compassionate folks here from all over world. Great, active bunch.

Can relate to the isolation and drinking massive quantities, ...endlessly.

Hang in there
......those early days were the toughest for me.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think that alcoholism is tremendously isolating.

I also chose to stay home alone and drink, and by the time I stopped drinking, I had given up all my activities and pushed away my friends.

This disease is relentless and I'm glad that you recognize you need to stop drinking.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I got sober (for the last time) a year ago tomorrow. I had some ups and downs in the beginning but haven't regretted a single sober day. I wake up feeling good and not hating myself, I am no longer consumed with regret and worry. I take better care of myself, my dogs, and my mother. Living sober really rocks!

It's good you're wanting to give it up while you're still young. You won't be making any unpleasant memories for when you get older and you won't be full of regret.

Welcome to the best recovery site everywhere.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yes Welcolm to sr. You are smart ro relize it in your 20's. So give yourself a pat on the back for that. Keep reading our post and see what happens if you keep it up for years. The same thing over and over again. I am 49 and finally relized how better life could of been. Well I finally got it!!! feel great!!!! Hopefully it will last. I NEVER WANT TO DRINK AGAIN.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome! And congrats on day 1. It is where we all start. And for most of us (myself included) start many times...

Post often, read a lot and know that you are not alone.

My tolerance scared me too...

Again, welcome and know that many are here for you...
Old 12-07-2010, 06:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome. I used to go out to the bars..then come home and polish off whatever was in the house. Some weekends I would start so early that I didn't venture out all weekend. I realized that I was too drunk to drive..that is what made my isolation. I think you will find (at least I do) that you have so much freedom! I now leave whenever I want ..It is a much more peaceful life too. No more bed ridden hangovers. Anxiety is no longer alcohol related. You actually have a mind to deal with problems. hang in there..Glad you are here.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Hooligan

I began doing the isolated thing too, i didn't want anyone to know i was boozing it up. So on the weekends i would start drinking at like 7pm and just drink to obliteration. Like no one new, just look at the text messages i was sending lol.

Either way its a good path to get clean, even though my life is real tough right now from my last binge, being sober allows me to keep my head on straight and asses the problems in a logical manner.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome, BF - The last year of my drinking was pretty scary, too. It's all I really wanted to do, which made my whole life difficult. I knew that it wasn't going to be long before something major happened.

You're not alone - we're all here for the same reason and the support is great. Hang in there (one day at a time).
Old 12-07-2010, 09:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the welcomes and stuff everyone. I'm happy to end the night tonight sober.