Need Gift Ideas

Old 12-06-2010, 02:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need Gift Ideas

Because of all the repairs we are now having to pay for thanks to Doug's mother and also because of problems getting in a new tenant(because of the amount of carpet stains thanks to her) we litterally have no money for presents this year. None. So I am trying to come up with some ideas for gifts for the following people that will not cost any money:

Doug
Isabeau - 12yr old daughter
Dedrick - 6yr old son
Ronan - 3yr old son

I am having huge problems with ideas and am wondering if any of the creative people on here can help me with any ideas.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
tam

maybe download some music cd's? or go to a second hand shop, salvation army or such. might find some toys or clothes cheap, garage sales are good too..know things arent free but certainly can find good bargains.
hope you can find some presents, just remember being together is special too
Old 12-07-2010, 08:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

How about a day at a shelter helping others who have nothing?
Old 12-07-2010, 09:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What about the angel trees, WalMart used to have them. Sign up and children will receive presents. Local churches have may Christmas programs where children will receive gifts, clothing, etc.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes. I think it would be a great gift to you children if you picked up the phone and called a church or a local community center and asked for some help. Call Catholic Community Services. Or St. Vincent De Paul. Or the local foodbank. They will make sure your children get something for Christmas.

I remember one year when I was a broke and desperate single mom with a 18 month old baby and an addict boyfriend in prison. I mentioned to my child's pediatrician that I had no money for a christmas tree or gifts, and the office sent me a $150 gift certificate to Target! AND a local church showed up with a bag of groceries for me! It was a Christmas blessing that my child never would have received if I hadn't mentioned I needed help to someone local in my neighborhood.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I talked to the places that help and they told me since I do not have custody of my kids that they can't help.

Thanks for the ideas. We will be making stuffed puppets for the boys, capes for the boys, a cookbook/ photo album for my daughterm hair scrunchies for my daughter and personal music cds for each.

We can;t buy anything. Our funds are so tight that we only have $90 for groceries to do till the 23rd. Not even enough for our selves to have a Christmas dinner.