Trying to move on

Old 12-03-2010, 02:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying to move on

Hi everyone.

Its coming up to the end of the year and I'm starting to reflect on what a crappy year I have had! but mostly what I lost and what I gained.

What I lost was my best friend and partner, what I gained I guess.....was my life back.
I still think about him daily and have slipped up twice with sending him a text message in 6 weeks, but mostly I have accepted that we will never be together again for a variety of reasons and that perhaps its for the best.

I do get lonely and I do get upset still quite frequently, but I guess in a way I have to hit my rock bottom as well before I can pick up the pieces and move on.

But I feel that my life after the xABF has left has been turned upside down. I do have the house to myself now and its much calmer, but sometimes thinking about what this relationship cost me overwhelms me and I feel like I'm have to start again with nothing... like an addict.

Well I don't really have nothing... I do have my home, my job, my family, my dogs, but I suppose I feel like the relationship cost me my heart and my ability to fully give myself to someone after my xABF broke my heart.

I hate burdening my friends with my feelings as its been 6 months since we broke up I feel like people would be thinking I should be over it by now but I'm not over it. We were together for so long and went through so much together that I haven't moved on and don't know how long it will be till I finally put him behind me.

Just looking for some words of wisdom and experience I guess.

Thanks
Old 12-03-2010, 05:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Time heals all wounds! It takes a while. It gets easier as your life begins to move in another direction and eventualy it always does. I have often thought that I would never get over someone that I lost, but I did. I still have memories and sometimes miss them, but its not as intense as it was in the beginning. 2010 was a strange and painful year. I too hope that 2011 is a better year!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 07:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

katie
I'm sorry that you are still hurting. It takes a long time to heal. I hope that you'll take this opportunity to explore yourself and develop new friendships. Personally, I find that my "normal" friends are not the ones I turn to regarding my addicted loved one. I have special friends (my Naranon Family) who understand those issues and provide me with tremendous support and love. I get strength from them.

gentle hugs