Notices

Bored.....

Old 12-02-2010, 02:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Bored.....

I am now on day 3. The time is slowly crawling by...I have NO energy, and am extremely bored. See when I used (opitates or ritalin) I get such a rush I would be working on many a projects, cleaning, organizing, painting, etc...but now I am just down. I am keeping the house picked up and somewhat straightened, but that is the minimum, nothing "extra."

All I wanna do is lay around and watch TV or nap...... I go to bed by 1 AM and sleep till 10:30 or so.....

Tonight my son and I are going to watch the Grinch movie....and work on his spelling, but nothing is fun anymore.

I am grouchy and fatigued....

I think the mental part is the hardest....

I am just praying that life clean and sober will be fun again. Exciting once again. I cancelled my doc appt today I mentioned yesterday and could have gotten more pain meds... last night I thought, why did i cancel?? Well, I did period, had I not I would have been high, but probably cleaning out the spare room closet too.........

This is hard.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there, it gets better!!!
Old 12-02-2010, 02:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

life clean and sober will be fun again

Keep working on yourself/your life every day, and yes, the joy of living will come back... and it'll be real, not the drugs' illusion.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi, glad you decided to join us!
Old 12-02-2010, 03:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It does take some time, but things will get better.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dismember

Yeah, it's hard at first. And it feels almost like an insult sometimes how lousy we feel right after we've done such a wonderful thing as quit, but it isn't too terribly long before we start to feel "normal" again.

A lot of it is just waiting it out, but I think by pushing ourselves to stay active and engage in positive things we can bring ourselves up some. I would just keep cleaning, spending time with your son. Sometimes it takes awhile for the momentum to pick up but it can lead to feeling better. And I think if you just can't do it, then watching tv isn't so bad. It'll be better for you than using.

Take care.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I was addicted to ritalin and alcohol. I know exactly how you feel. It gets better. Sometimes quickly, sometimes... not so much... but it does get better... Losing that dopamine rush, the energy, the laser beam focus that ritalin gave me, well, I missed it for a while.... I didn't miss the edginess and the compulsive drinking and the sleeping problems/pills.

Day 3 huh? The first days are freakin' rough... I never want to do that again. But I did it, you can too. Watch the movie, do some homework, one hour, one day at a time... pretty soon you'll have this behind you.

Do what ever it takes, it's worth it.

I listened to a lot of meditation music, drank herbal teas, took long walks, played my kids xbox (I was a pinball wizard back when they had real pinball... these new computerized versions for xbox are damn close...), took naps... One foot in front of the other...

Life gets exciting again... be patient, and look around you... it won't come to you like it did in pill form... but it's real!!

Old 12-02-2010, 03:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I spent a lot of time on here initially - talking with other people helped keep me out of my own head

D