Ok. Dating and boundries

Old 11-30-2010, 02:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ok. Dating and boundries

Hello SR.....

I wanted to tell you I did it. I red flagged a guy within one night. It was amazing. I paid attention. I asked questions. I caught him in a lie. And when he thought he was going to kiss me when I was going home he got my cheek instead because I thought it was nervy assuming I would anyways. And I don't care. I actually feel really proud of myself. Not uncomfortable/guilty as I did last week.

The scary thing is he let is slip he has been paying attention to what I did all summer when he saw me out. He even named the two guys I dated - which isnt exactly public knowledge and the second guy I dated just ended last Friday and he knew this. If he thought this was going to flatter me he was very mistaken. It really turned me off that he paid that much attention to what I was doing. I literally drove out of my way last night before coming home to make sure and be safe.

But I can see how paying attention to a person in the beginning can save you a heartache later on.

So it does get easier. This single step single handedly helped me to realize I can pick better people and I can protect myself. I have what it takes. Granted some people are smoother talkers and I may need to watch out for those.

Hugs
Lulu
Old 11-30-2010, 02:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Old 11-30-2010, 02:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lulu1974 View Post
The scary thing is he let is slip he has been paying attention to what I did all summer when he saw me out. He even named the two guys I dated - which isnt exactly public knowledge and the second guy I dated just ended last Friday and he knew this.
I find that creepy and somewhat scary Lulu. I'm glad you drove out of your way on the way home last night.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Way to go!
Old 11-30-2010, 02:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
Way to go!
You were right on target when you said it gets easier L2L. I am just wondering once I start red flagging everyone there may be no one left to date. hahahaha
Old 11-30-2010, 02:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
I find that creepy and somewhat scary Lulu. I'm glad you drove out of your way on the way home last night.
I did too Freedom. I got an internal alarm when he said this. I am going to make sure and stay away from him and keep my distance. My friend even called when I got home to make sure I was ok.

Hugs Freedom
Old 11-30-2010, 02:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Please stay safe, dear. Gads, the hair stood up on my arms when I read that!
Old 11-30-2010, 07:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yay, Lulu!!! You've come a long way, Baby!

Thanks for the inspiration...

Hugs,
posie
Old 11-30-2010, 08:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I was definitely creeped out when I read he knew your every move. I also think you were wise to drive out of your way. How do you know this guy? Have you already told him you don't want to see him again? If not--done is a public place maybe since he seems a tad on the overly clingy side and you don't know what his reaction might be.

Stay safe. It sounds like your gut is right on track. I bet it feels good to know that this is not someone you want in your life (it feels so great when we make healthy decisions and actually know they are healthy!). Let us know that he is aware of that and that all is OK.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well done - who knows who he could have been. CREEPY indeed.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Rising from the Ashes

Old 12-01-2010, 10:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You go, girl! I hope you got a dinner out!
These are great learning experiences.

I don't like it when people say "call me when you get home" or they call me out of some sort of concern. I don't like it at all and I say so.
I have managed to drive myself for many a year. and if something bad happened they will hear about it or read about it.

Yeah, it is creepy that he knew what had been going on with you...I suppose I would judge that by the way he said it to you.
I have had similar things happen. I can usually startle them with the words "stalking and state statutes" if needed.