Ot/ update!!!!!

Old 11-30-2010, 08:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Ot/ update!!!!!

It's been a long time since I have updated so I thought I would drop in and give the good news to my SR family that Dakota is THREE YEARS OFF TREATMENT!!! She will have scans now instead of every three months it will be every six for two more years and then will go to every year. She is doing great! All the nerve damage from the chemo seems that it was temporary and now she has reflexes back in her legs. She is in first grade and doing well. She would much rather stay home with mommy then go to school because she misses me and school is too long LOL

Elijah and Savanna are doing great too. All the kids are in school for the whole day now so I do get some time to myself. It is nice. I've been working and taking care of the family now for 18 months without my addicted ex and I am in such a great place .. a "God" place if you will

I never imagined that I could take care of all my kids, pay all my bills, and maintain the household without help, but God made a way. Though I don't do it alone. I have the Lords help. He has blessed me beyond measure.

Times have been rough here and there, but I always come out smelling like a rose.

I can't tell you how wonderful it is to not have to deal with the stress that comes with loving and living with an addict/alcoholic. For those of you that have been there and are in recovery you already know. For those of you still in the situation spend much time dreaming and wishing to know.

Here comes the part where I encourage you to focus on your recovery and leave the addict to him/herself. I know your biggest fear is the what ifs and that the addict will die without your help. The truth is the active addict is dying slowly with or without you. You can't save him, but you can save yourself and your sanity.

Picture your addict inside a train with you on the outside looking in. You know the train is headed for destruction and you raise your voice to tell the addict get off. The addict sees you, but cannot hear you. The wheels start moving in motion and you pick up the pace. You're heart starts racing and you begin to yell "get off the train" the addict still just looks at you blankly ... now your running along side the train screaming "get off the train" and the addict throws his hands in the air and mouths What? I can't hear you. I'm on the train.

If you find yourself running along side the train frantically screaming at your addicted loved one then you need to stop right here in your tracks and get on the right path to your own recovery. Where you are focused on what you can do for you not what you can't do for the addict.

Addiction is a thief and it will not only rob the addict, but it will steal all you've got if you let it. Don't let it. Fight for your right to live the kind of live you desire. So far you've been fighting against yourself. Being your own biggest enemy. But if you pull yourself together and find out all you can about enabling, codependent behavior, detaching with love, recovery for yourself. You will find the light at the end of the tunnel. It is there ... you just have to walk toward it

Now SR Aunties and Uncles just what you've been waiting for ... this was taken on the 28th of this month.

Elijah, Savanna, Dakota

Muah,
Passion Recovering addict/alcoholic
Recovering codependent/enabler
Old 11-30-2010, 09:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh Passion, that is such good news. Your babies are beautiful and Dakota looks as healthy as the other two.

Indeed your life is blessed, and your children are blessed to have a mama like you.

I'm doing the happy dance with you today, and so thrilled that Dakota is doing so well.

Hugs
Old 11-30-2010, 09:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Nyte))) - add me into doing the happy dance!! All three of the kids look healthy and loved. I'm so glad that ((Dakota)) has "graduated" to fewer scans.

Thanks for your most awesome post and the update.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-30-2010, 11:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm doing the happy dance also Passion! What a beautiful picture of the family.

Please enjoy the holidays with that delightful bunch!

(((Hugs)))
Auntie Cece
Old 11-30-2010, 12:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nytepassion! I have missed you. Oh my, but you have a beautiful family.

I too am a survivor. I too raised 3 beautiful children without the 24/7 influence of active addiction in their lives or my life. I too was TERRIFIED of how I would do that. But, like you, I found that God rescued me from my own bad decisions and led me out of the abyss into the light. We are indeed blessed, and miracles do happen!

Sojourner
Old 11-30-2010, 01:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

YIP YIP YIPPPPPEEEEE

I'm joining in on the Happy Dance too!!!!

and oh my how beautiful all of the kids look!! Just like their precious Momma!!

So glad things are looking better for yall -

Please keep taking such good care of YOU! Remember you deserve it!

PINK HUGS,
Rita

**PS and yes it does feel great to be Happy, Joyous and PINKFULLY Free!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 01:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
FGB

I'm new here, but I'd like to join those in the happy dance for you. How nice is it to come here and read some happy threads. Thank you and may God continue to bless you and your family! FGB
Old 11-30-2010, 02:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wonderful news, Passion! The kids are getting so big and they are just so beautiful. I am so glad your HP has helped you find the way to such peace. Big hugs to all of you
Old 11-30-2010, 03:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
tam

congrats on dakota's continued remission!! lovely pic of the children too
being a survivor myself, its always heart warming to me to read when others graduate to needing fewer scans!!
having had nerve damage/neuropathy for a few years afterwards too, just know it gets better and better..again congratulations and thank you for your supportive post.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
it is what it is

passion - thank you so much for sharing your wonderful news about dakota - she and the other two are precious - their eyes reflect the calm, secure life that you have provided them - God is so good - blessings
Old 11-30-2010, 05:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Wow! How wonderful!
Old 12-02-2010, 02:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm so happy to get the update and how well all of the kids (and you!) are doing. Happy dancing occuring here!

I also really appreciate the words of experience, strength, and hope that you offered. The analogy of the train was perfect! I hope that lots of people read this.

Have a blessed holiday season!
Old 12-02-2010, 02:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

nytepassion,

I am so happy for you, and your sweet family.
God surely is with you.

hugs,
chicory
Old 12-02-2010, 10:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Passion, Cpunt me in the happy dance. It is absolutely wonderful news. Dakota is such a precious child.

Hugs,
Chris