Notices

Day 30

Old 11-27-2010, 12:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 30

Today is day 30 free from norcos and day 7 free from alcohol. I feel much better physically and even somewhat mentally. I have saved exactly $600 since I quit so my bank account is feeling better too. I have more focus and clarity than I used to. I feel so proud for what I've accomplished so far yet humble because I know with one false move all my best efforts can be wiped away without proper mindfulness. And that's scary as hell.

I'm sure you all understand the mental cravings. My cravings say, "drink up or take this, be spontaneous, exciting, carefree." And yet it's a trick because my addiction is none of these things. And tonight I've had a few of these thoughts.

I plan to keep on reading and using this forum, it's been so much help to me the past month in knowing I'm not the only one struggling. Also I'm going to start going to meetings next week and maybe start hanging out with the one or two sober friends I know. It doesn't do me any good to sit at home alone and think about my old friends who I used to hang out with and who are probably out using, feeling good, and judging me.

Maybe I'll buy myself something too with all the money I saved so far.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on your sober time, substance

D
Old 11-27-2010, 03:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats! Yes, do buy yourself a little 'reward'. I know I'm saving a lot of money and now have money for necessary things since no longer spending it on wine.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats Sober...keep it going!