Notices

Headaches??

Old 11-26-2010, 10:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Headaches??

OK A few technical questions if Im going to do this. I feel like my body is on an automatic timer. Every night I get these headaches around the time I usually start drinking. Anyone else? What works for you? This is so irritating. I wasnt thinking about alcohol before but now that I have this headache, and I know that two glasses of wine would kill the headache, I am now thinking about it. Things I have tried: tylenol-works, but only mildly. tylenol PM-will make me sleep later tomorrow. Motrin-usually works but then makes me feel sick in the stomach for some reason ...?? It actually made me puke the other day. I guess because Im dieting as well...not enough food on the stomach..idk..Anywho just wondering how long this is gonna last becuase everytime I try not to drink it happens...Just hate this uncomfortable feeling..DITTO to everyone that felt uncomfortable yesterday. I sure did, and the enemy won..*insert sad face here* But thats OK becuase I lost that battle, but I WILL win the war!
Old 11-26-2010, 10:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I can't remember having anythign like that Sasha.
I'd consult my doctor if I had repeated headaches.

I'm sorry your resolve weakened yesterday.
Try and think about things you can add to whatever you've been doing so far.

D
Old 11-26-2010, 11:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee,

So far the only thing thats been helping this past week is reading here instead of picking up a bottle. I just read one of your (i guess permanent) posts above And I have to commed you and the others. You truly help people. It is true that you can learn from other peoples experiences. I realize it is time for me to get off of this roller coster before I crash. I watched my parents ride that ride for years and trust me-that is a Hell I Do Not want to relive.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'd see a doctor too - I didnt experience headaches apart from when I was dehydrated - are you drinking plenty of water? It can be easy to forget to - i barely ever drank water before I got sober.....and only as I have aged have I felt like my body needs it.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Sasha,

I would talk to a dr too.

I found that I had ignored things that were going on with my body physically, while I was drinking. When I stopped drinking, some of these things came to light and I had to begin to look after myself.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dismember

If they coincide with your old drinking times could they perhaps be stress induced?

I'd rely on a doctor for a diagnosis. Could be stress, some kind of withdrawal, migraines or an alien abduction implant; but maybe until then I'd give some sort of concerted relaxation a try and see if that helps.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Everyone will check in with the Doc then, I guess better safe than sorry. Especially now since I see that no one else really had them....Ive seen on TV where people have brain tumors n things...not that Im getting paranoid, but before i was certain it was related to the alcohol in some way...
Old 11-27-2010, 01:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

There are many many reasons for headaches Sasha - chances are you'll find it something minor and easily treatable

D
Old 11-27-2010, 01:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Actually, I did have headaches that were not responsive to other OTC medications, and they DID seem to kick in when I was "supposed" to be having some drinks ... not sure if it was the water, or the sugar, or just the "something special", but I'd make myself a pitcher of Kool-Aid and have a glass, with lots of ice, and it really helped. My doctor told me that alcohol is a serious drain on blood sugar, so maybe ...

Still, see the doc ... Kool-Aid won't get ya drunk though!