Notices

detoxing from oxy day 5 still going crazy

Old 11-26-2010, 11:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

detoxing from oxy day 5 still going crazy

First of I want to appologize if I have not added this to the right area, I am not used to using any type of forum. I have been addicted to percs and oxy for three years for non medical reasons. I have managed to get through so far what I think is the worst part with with some help from a very loving and understanding family, and some meds from a doctor. What I am wondering is they are all telling me it is going to take me a till prob monday before I feel better, it just doesn't let up. They said it is taking so long b/c i am such a small person and with the amounts i was doing it would take that long? I want to know how some of you are dealing with it. I had a quit date of december 3 but just couldnt take it another day so I did it on the 22nd. I am waiting to get into a rehab center to help deal with underlying issues, so I dont start using again, but it is 2 weeks. I am having extreme anger, emotional outbursts i cant stop crying, I thought i was out of the worst of worst of it but it isn't letting up. I guess I am looking for advice from people that have been through this before on coping strategies until I can get the help I need any advice would be greatly appreciated. The worst part is that I am lashing out at all the people that have given up their life to help me over the past week. And I feel so worthless, guilty is this all normal to be feeling?
Old 11-26-2010, 11:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

Yes, I do think it's normal to feel very down on ourselves as we begin recovery. I kept asking myself 'Why did I let this happen?" So, I think that involves the acceptance of the disease. We are addicts.

I do hope you feel better soon, and you should always talk to your dr if you're concerned about physical or mental symptoms. But, I do think that mood swings are normal.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR and I certainly can't say it better then Anna. She said exactly what I would have. Try to be gentle with yourself and maybe take some walks if you can. My mood swings were pretty severe and SR and some special friends here pulled me through it. My addiction was alcohol, but I can sympathize with you.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi secondsaredays

I think what you're describing is pretty normal - it's never easy. Like Anna said do check with your Dr if you're worried.

We have a substance abuse forum too where you may find more posters with experience to share

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Welcome to SR - hope you feel better soon secondsaredays

D