Notices

Newcomer here but not to recovery

Old 11-24-2010, 08:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newcomer here but not to recovery

Hello all....

I am new on this board and starting over once again in my recovery. I have relapsed and want to start over tomorrow, thanksgiving.... (I used this morning and even though I didn't get high, I need to stay honest here)

Please wish me luck all, will ck in tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

MF
Old 11-24-2010, 08:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Welcome! Glad you are here. This place has helped me tremendously with my recovery. We do recover.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR, MrsFray
You'll find a lot of support and understanding here

D
Old 11-24-2010, 09:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-24-2010, 09:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I love this place.

Hugs and prayers. You CAN do this. I have close to 60 days..relapsed a few times but things are so much better today then 2 months ago.

Please let us know how your day goes tomorrow. I will be praying for you and all who are still suffering all day tomorrow.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good time to start, easy to remember your sobriety date next year for the one year chip!
Old 11-25-2010, 01:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family! And glad you're starting over again. Living clean and sober takes effort and sacrifice, but the rewards are worth the effort.
Old 11-25-2010, 04:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome, and congratulations on being persistent. It's all we can do.
Day 3 here, starting over as well. This is a great community.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome Mrsfray...lots of great people here to help you on your journey. Good Luck.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome MrsFray,

I'm glad you found us.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Please wish me luck
With sincere respect, I would rather wish you the support of determining your action plan for sobriety; from experience I can tell you that it won't come knocking at your door ~ sobriety is a result of asserted intense a-c-t-i-o-n ~
This is my wish for you!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 08:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Well, I didn't make it....but I am back and today is day one for me once again. One step I did make is I got honest w/ another woman in recovery. That was a HUGE step for me. The isolation was just killing me. I kind of feel lighter already. I have a plan to go to a meeting tomorrow at 3. Here goes! I just cannot do this anymore...... the lies, the guilt, the sneaking around from my husband who probably knows something is up anyway......my goodness last night I was sorting out boxes of electrical, phone, various plugs, and ear buds hundreds of them that were a tangled mess until 1:30 in the morning!!!! THAT is NOT normal behaviour! Will ck back tomorrow. Thanks for the support you have all shown.

MF
Old 11-30-2010, 09:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back MrsF

It's always good to regroup and try and think about what else you might need to add to what you've been doing

The meeting plan sounds good
D
Old 12-01-2010, 12:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good start MF!
All it takes is one little step at a time, and the desperation to quit once and for all. Let us know how your meeting goes. In the first two weeks of my sobriety if anybody asked me what day was the hardest I knew the answer . . . whichever day I was in! It has gotten a lot easier since then.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hello....well, I got thru the day so far and thru the meeting and it was a good meeting. The people were very welcoming when I told them I was back since my relapse last May. After the meeting I called my doc and cancelled my appt cuz I am really no longer in pain and I knew if I went I could get more pain meds from her. I just cannot go there anymore. One thing I am a bit worried about though is 12/14 when my other prescription comes due for a fill at the pharmacy....what will I do? Will I break down and get it filled, and pick it up? Will I just leave it there and not get it?? (since it is controlled I think I only have a few days or maybe a month) Can I call and have it cancelled????????

I guess the best thing for me to do is to stay in today. My sponsor (who knows i relapsed a few months back and is still willing to work w/ me) contacted me yesterday thru FB to ask if she could come by tomorrow......do I cancel, dump her, or be honest and stick w/ her? I am embarressed.........and feel kind of dumb....

Well, anyhow.... I am enjoying having kittens in our home and on my lap. Our cat had 3 and I wanna keep playing w/ them cuz when we get rid of them at 7 weeks, i do not want them to be wild.....

thanks for reading.....

mf
Old 12-01-2010, 02:54 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome to the forum mrs fray. The kittens should keep you occupied, I bet they are really cute! xx
Old 12-01-2010, 03:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi MrsFray

I'm not American, so I'm sure whether you can cancel prescriptions or it needs a Dr to do that. You could always ring your Dr or even your pharmacist and ask.

As for your sponsor - do tell her - be honest. I definitely think that's the best way to go forward.

D
Old 12-03-2010, 03:23 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Last night my sponsor came over and I got honest w/ her about everything....I have yet to talk to my husband. She set up a plan w/ me and I agreed. I feel great to have direction.