Notices

i finally accept that i have an opiate addiction

Old 11-21-2010, 08:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i finally accept that i have an opiate addiction

I have finally come to believe i have an opiate addiction,i give up with all the denial all the while having a pocket full of pills an taking 10/325 like candy,although i only take 5-to 7 a day tops,i didnt feel that this was much.because i recently would find myself taking up to 9-12 and not even thinking about it.i know sounds like a deathwish but thats where i was at times.anyhow im down to 5-7 a day and id like to get off completely,does anyone have any info on how to do so the correct way,i would appreciate feedback from some one that has gone thru the same as me or a dr.,vie seen so many different storys on this net on remedies and stuff,im having trouble with sleep,my withdrawals when i go 6 or so hours without the perks are just a mood change,aggravation im sure ther will more to comei found out recently that my fiance was abusing zany that her dr, prescribed after a surgery,she goes through withdrawals as well but much more body control n nerve control lose,is ther anyone with any info that can help the both of us we want our life back,an appreciate anything u can tell us.people say cold turkey others say say ween off,i don't know...thanx
Old 11-21-2010, 08:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi TruthHertz

I'm afraid it's against our rules to give out medical advice here.
Your best option with stuff like this is always to see a doctor.

You'll find a lot of support here tho, both here in this forum and our substance abuse forum

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

I'd also encourage you and your gf to think about some kind of recovery programme (NA, SMART etc). It's always good to have a few different kinds of support.

Welcome to SR
D
Old 11-21-2010, 09:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Old 11-22-2010, 01:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

yea i am debating weather i need to let my boss know that i am in bad shape,i cant imagine going to work without the pills but i am to the point where i just don't want them at all im actually becoming turned off buy them due to the side effects an hell they put me thru..truth is im gonna need about at least a couple weeks off work according to my research,i tried tapering off yesterday only took 4 10/325s every 4-5 hours,so i think i can taper off but i don't like the taper off thing because it requires me to still be putting the drug into my system and have them in stock which i do now,idk its like i know i have a lot off willpower,but i am not sure if i can do anything without the pill because i actually never thought about trying to get off because i never felt i really had a problem.its 430am here now i was going to call my boss around 6 and let him know i was having flu like symptoms and just start the detox today,at least try..c how far i get without the pill,this is our snow plow season so he asked last week if i could plow i may just tell him im unable to do so now so it gives him time to replace me before its too late an he has a truck down early in the season,im an honest guy an worry more about the people around me that suffer from my actions in any way so this is another reason why i really want to confront this beast...thanx to all replys, u guys are truly a backbone for me..please keep them coming
Old 11-22-2010, 01:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Truth, you need to see a doctor. Call your boss and take a sick day, just to figure out what you need to do. Get to a doctor first. If he says you need detox, do it. IMHO, tapering down works at times, but usually not. The cravings will put you right back where you were. They did for me, several times. I got a support group, a local NA meeting, these folks are the best. They don't pull any punches, either.

Nest step can go different ways. Hopefully your boss will support your decision to get clean, most will, once you be honest with them. Mine did, but I had to tell the whole truth about my alcohol and crystal meth. I'll keep you in my thoughts, be strong.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

well today i tried to go cold turkey and ended up taking one 10/325mg perc pill at 1 pm to take the edge off i feel a little better but i feel bad that i gave in.i called a pain management doctor to get me in and be seen,but if i get in an see him i wouldn't want anything like methadone or suboxen to ween me off.ive heard nothing but bad things about these subs,an i don't want another addiction.sorry guys i gave in but i am even more motivated at this point to just give it up...my withdrawals weren't too bad for the first 12 0r so ours i felt very moody tho and had the hot cold flashes.i know i can do it tho and must..i really cant wait to c the doctor see if he can give me anything that wont be addictive but just help me with the withdrawals and craving.any ideas?
Old 11-22-2010, 01:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Again, we can't give you medical advice TH - the Dr is best placed to advise you, they'll know way more about you than we do...

he or she will discuss with you what he or she thinks is the appropriate treatment for you, and I hope you'll at least listen to what they say....go in with an open mind TH.

D
Old 11-22-2010, 01:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

You are doing the right thing by talking to your dr.

We can't give any kind of medical advice here, but we do offer lots of support.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Truth, detoxing from any addictive substance, be it pills or alcohol, is not going to be easy. I won't sugar coat it. My detox from alcohol was brutal to say the least. Like Anna and Dee said, we cannot give medical advice here. That is up to your doctor, and you need to see him/ her right away, and be totally honest, especially with what treatment you think you need. A doctor can't read minds after all. You are 100% right in not wanting to replace one addiction for another.

Let us know how you are doing, and please, stay in touch.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

sorry bout that,wont happen again.thanx,i did forget to read up on the rules completely,i will look them over now.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Again, we can't give you medical advice TH - the Dr is best placed to advise you, they'll know way more about you than we do...

he or she will discuss with you what he or she thinks is the appropriate treatment for you, and I hope you'll at least listen to what they say....go in with an open mind TH.

D
Originally Posted by Cottonwoodchris View Post
Truth, detoxing from any addictive substance, be it pills or alcohol, is not going to be easy. I won't sugar coat it. My detox from alcohol was brutal to say the least. Like Anna and Dee said, we cannot give medical advice here. That is up to your doctor, and you need to see him/ her right away, and be totally honest, especially with what treatment you think you need. A doctor can't read minds after all. You are 100% right in not wanting to replace one addiction for another.

Let us know how you are doing, and please, stay in touch.
im doing pretty good really good actually,i experience irritable eyes with bright lights,and nausea at times an wow do i wish for more sleep only getting roughly 4-5 hours sleep,but it'll get better im sure. i was wondering... how long the w/d last from these opiates?,i surely am better then i was the first 15-24 hours,an cant even think about a pill without wanted to throw up. i also realize i cant smoke a cigarette either,im just turned of from everything, an cant wait to get fully focused and on with life, u guys were right u have to really want it. all for your support it really helps.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

day 4

feel 95% start work tomorrow after a 4 day self cleansing break,i truly feel good,still wish for sleep,still wake up around 230am usually can go back to sleep.kinda anxious to get back to work.feel like a new man,lol.....i assure u,sobriety is truly an amazing thing,ther is nothing more important.i can c a bright future ahead.thanx for the support.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're feeling good TH

D