First steps of recovery!

Old 11-20-2010, 03:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First steps of recovery!

Today i went out with a group of friends i had lost contact with for the past 3 years!!!! i was a little confused and feeling weird as i didnt go out and talked to people for a long time,its like i forgot how to speak and act around anyone except my exab ! i was a little strange but it felt good for a change. he is calling like crazy since the incident but i'm not answering.
I also called to check up the next CODA meeting but it wont be until next saturday so i was a little disappointed but i guess i'm doing fine...right?
Old 11-20-2010, 04:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know how u feel. I normally use at work, now that I'm clean all of two days, I find it hard just to come to work and do my job with out craving.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

he is calling like crazy since the incident but i'm not answering.
Lunaaa,
You are doing great.
Not answering and getting out again, wow, really good progress.
Keep it up.

Beth
Old 11-20-2010, 04:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

that is splendid! I have been wondering how you have been!

It does feel odd going out at first because some of the interpretations of things that the X has talked about come to mind and we have to check our perceptions and learn to feel comfortable with our own way of being again....instead of looking at things through the filter of his "how it is" talk.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Great! Keep moving forward, left, right, left, right!
Old 11-20-2010, 06:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

So glad you had a nice time and have taken steps to rediscover you!

I always found coming here helped me focus on me in between meetings....Hope you find the same thing.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Lunaa
Good job! Stay focused on yourself and keep up the good work (and it is work, isn't it!).

I'm glad you found a meeting. I agree with greeteachday.....I find that coming to SR and giving (and getting) support helps me stay grounded in my own recovery. Keep posting and keep moving forward!

gentle hugs
Old 11-20-2010, 07:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good for you Lunaa! Its hard a first, but keep trying! I've kind of lost interest in going out, lately but it has more to do with being a little older and wanting to stay away from the bar scene. I would rather stay home. I work at a hospital, so work a lot of weekend nights. It helps keep me busy, with other people and not home feeling bad about not having ex around. Im getting used to this solo thing!!!!
Old 11-22-2010, 07:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

stace i know what you mean . part of me wants to stay solo and think it all with myself and not be around many people ,the other part needs socializing so bad to overcome depression ,sadness and the yearning to hear his voice or see him another time. it helps me keep my mind off thinking of him. but you keep busy this is also good.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Live,you are exactly RIGHT!!! i find myself looking at people and things in the way he'de be looking at,saying the same things he'de be saying and judging people through his eyes,like those friends i went out with i was totally feeling out of place because they were not the kind of people i'de be seeing around him,they are NORMAL people without drama of addiction in their lives,but i'm trying to see things my own way.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ready2 View Post
I know how u feel. I normally use at work, now that I'm clean all of two days, I find it hard just to come to work and do my job with out craving.

Thanks for the reply but i think you missed my story.lol
happy for you though.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
you just keep putting one foot in front of the other!! good for you on breaking out of the "norm" - i bet that was a little scary!? bummer about the meeting....CODA meetings are a bit more sparse than some other 12 step groups....so i admire your perseverance!!!

keep up the good work and stay safe ok?
Yes ,when i first heard about CODA i didnt know there were any in my country until someone did the searching for me and i found a meeting but the meetings are often delayed so i'm hoping to go next saturday. thanks for the support it does feel like walking in sand putting one foot in front of the other.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Kindeyes,Beth,dollydo and greeteachday thanks guys so much for the kind words and support i'm grateful i have all of you.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I was completely isolated from everyone when with my abusive EXAH, so I can appreciate how strange and difficult it was for me to get out and live again after I left him.

Good for you!