Closure?

Old 11-18-2010, 01:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Closure?

I have recently gone no contact with my ex addict boyfriend. I sent him a text message telling him that I was done and why I was done; because he was getting high that night. Anyways he tried to make up lies to get me to not leave, and I didn't respond. This was on friday night. On monday of this week, he called and left a voicemail saying he was getting help and he just wanted to let me know because he knows that I still care.

He is right. I do care about his well being. But I don't trust him and I just can't do that anymore.

I feel like I need closure since it has come to an end. Would it help or just make it worse? What did you do?
Old 11-18-2010, 01:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

You had closure. You told him you were done. You can still care about him and be done with dealing with his chaos. At this point, I would think it would make it worse because he would have the opportunity to draw you back into the madness. You've made the break, so stick with it.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

in my limited expereince of having no contact with my alo, i have found that breaking no contact brings a lot of stuff up to the surface and its liek starting all over. maybe you could set a time, like if he has been in recovery for a few months you would talk.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I sent him a text message telling him that I was done and why I was done
Sounds like closure to me...

Maybe change your phone number if he continues to harass you.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

In my experience closure is realy only closure when we stop having any contact what so ever and just let the relationship die a natural death. I recently posted here that I got a letter from my ex. It seemed harmless to read it, but I imediatly felt anxiety, telling me that something is wrong. Everyone told me not to read the letters and even return them. Any way I went back and forth with no contact for a long time. I kept getting sucked back in when ever I felt guilty or my ego needed something from him. My ex has been in jail so this has been a blessing for me. I know its hard but take the advice from everyone here and simply walk away!!!!! The people here know what they are talking about, we dont because we are emotionaly entangled. I am doing so much better that it is amazing by simply having no contact and working through the feelings of loss!!! good luck and be strong!!!
Old 11-18-2010, 06:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

To me, there is nothing more to say...one goodbye is all it takes. I would suggest that you do not read his texts or listen to his voicemails...it serves no purpose.