He's getting his stuff

Old 11-13-2010, 08:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He's getting his stuff

He's here right now with a U-Haul. Funny when I suggested that he didn't have enough money for it. I guess his lawyer convinced him it was a good idea. So he's not coming back , time after time, like he wanted to at first. I already caught him putting stuff on the truck that was not on his list. He makes it sound like I am being unfair cause 'I got everything". I guess that makes him feel better about himself, after he left his wife of 19 yrs with no job, plus 3 kids. To be fair, he has supported us, albeit, begrudgingly.
I am not trying to be unfair, or mean, but he's the one who made the list (his bed) and he needs to stick to it. Not make me look like the bad guy in front of his friends , who came to help him.That just scorches my drawers. I guess I shouldn't let it bother me.
That behavior is his MO, to act like he the most reasonable man on the face of this earth, when all along he knows his words, and actions are mean and provoking.
I will be so glad to see the last of him and his crap, although , if the kids ever do decide they want anything to do with him, I will have to see him . But his stuff will be out of my house, woohooo.
My oldest dd, 17, has been on his hit list as well, and was so traumatized by the thought of his being here, she went to spend the night with a friend. I have let the other two sleep in, they said they didn't want to see him anyway, not that he asked.
Thanks for reading my rant, letting me get it off my chest. You guys are the only people in the world that will listen and understand. Thank you so much for your support. Hadassah.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hadassah-

good for you for standing up and not letting him take your stuff too.

it must be bittersweet. why not do something fun tonight...something a bit special for yourself and the kids...what about having a pizza delivered and put your feet up instead of having to cook? or, a nice walk in the evening air to BREATE....exhale the old...inhale the new...

as one door closes, another opens...

i'm glad his stuff is out of there now. more space for you!

naive
Old 11-13-2010, 09:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well what a huge relief that his stuff will be gone in one fell swoop, yes?!

I'm sorry for your pain, and the kids' pain. That says a lot that your oldest DD spent the night elsewhere.

My 22 year-old is so disgusted with her dad that she hasn't spoken to him in over 3 years now.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I live in a very small community, and one of the local churches is having a harvest dinner tonight for the community. We know a lot of people at that church, so we are going there tonight to eat and fellowship with friends. It will be nice, and a good way to forget what a jerk he is.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hadassah View Post
I live in a very small community, and one of the local churches is having a harvest dinner tonight for the community. We know a lot of people at that church, so we are going there tonight to eat and fellowship with friends. It will be nice, and a good way to forget what a jerk he is.
I live in a small community too, and I love attending things like that! I hope you and the kids have a wonderful time.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

I am so glad he got that truck!!! Do you have any friends over? I hope he hurries up and gets his stuff and leaves. Sounds like you are doing great!!!
Old 11-13-2010, 11:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

He's gone, it ended badly. He stole things from me that he had no right to take, but they are small things in the big picture. I hope he is happy with his stuff, cause that is all he has now.
I had to dig in the truck to take out things that were mine, and he got away with others that I couldn't see. Oh well.
Back to work on my school course.
I look forward to the day when I no longer think about all the c**p that that I put up with for so long, and our lives are no longer entangled beyond kid stuff.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Enjoy your evening, sounds like a wonderful thing to do.

One of my friends said to me on moving day, "just take a deep breath, it's over, and you got through it.".
Old 11-13-2010, 02:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

So sorry about the things he took off with! Guess one finally f-you was just what we would expect from him. You saved what you could and in the end you realize they are just things and don't mean an awful lot in the grand design.

Wonderful idea to go to the dinner and get right back on the path to wellness with the kids. The last loose end is tied up. A new chapter is upon you.

Have fun with the kids!

Alice
Old 11-13-2010, 02:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hadassah View Post
He's gone, it ended badly. He stole things from me that he had no right to take, but they are small things in the big picture. I hope he is happy with his stuff, cause that is all he has now.
I had to dig in the truck to take out things that were mine, and he got away with others that I couldn't see. Oh well.
Back to work on my school course.
I look forward to the day when I no longer think about all the c**p that that I put up with for so long, and our lives are no longer entangled beyond kid stuff.
Oh hon, I am so sorry he stole things he had no right to take!

I'm glad you see they are small things in the big picture.

I know you can look at yourself in the mirror and be proud of who you are.

He'll never be able to do that, regardless of how he may present himself to his friends.

Sending you hugs from soggy Kansas!