Opinion Please

Old 11-12-2010, 06:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Opinion Please

I left AH last November and moved from the house we lived in. We divided our things etc... Later of course he was oh so, sorry and I was new to all this with, him.

I rented an apartment and he has moved in a couple of times and then back out. My 20 year old daughter is staying with me right now.

I am wanting to go out of town to my brothers for the weekend. The issue I am having with myself about this, is AH has not given me my apt. key or my car key back as of yet.

He has never taken anything from me before yet I have a fear that if I go he may decide to just come help hisself. Not that I have alot but what I have I would like to keep.

My computer and two televisions I have are my biggest concerns. One of the televisions he gave me in place of some money he owed me.

I know, we are suppose to go on with our life and not let what ifs play in our decisions. Yet, I still have this fear of returning and those items being gone.

I am wonderring if this fear is real or imagined since one of our AS has stolen from us so many times.

What do you think you might would do if it were you?

Daughter would not call the police on him if she was here and he did take things, she would ask him not too but... I am wondering if I am having a

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

CB
If you live in an apt complex they change locks all the time. I would think they would be happy to help you if you explained that you are worried about it. They don't want problems either.

The car......is there someone you can leave the car with so that he won't know where it is?

gentle hugs
Old 11-12-2010, 06:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good morning, Kindeyes

I am taking my car if I go. My lease states if you give anyone a key that if anything occus it is your issue. (just not in those words of course)
Old 11-12-2010, 06:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
tam

call your landlord right away and explain the situation, your allowed to change the locks as long as your landlord is told and receives a key.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
tam

Originally Posted by crazybabie View Post
Good morning, Kindeyes

I am taking my car if I go. My lease states if you give anyone a key that if anything occus it is your issue. (just not in those words of course)
yes that is true, you will be responsible for any damage or theft if you gave someone a key, so thats why you need to change the lock and tell your landlord.

have a great weekend!!!! enjoy
Old 11-12-2010, 06:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone,

Now if only I knew if DD would let him in or not lol. No way of knowing that so I guess I will change locks and go next weekend.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
aka Miss Scarlett O'Hara

Yep, I agree. As a landlord I would definitely suggest changing those locks. Give your landlord a call and find out if they would prefer that you change them, or them change them. Have a great weekend!
Old 11-12-2010, 12:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You are not overeacting. Until this last year I would have swore my ex AH would never steal from me. Then he did. It's what addicts do, protect yourself!

Hugs,
Teggie
Old 11-12-2010, 12:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

My friend,
I believe changing the locks would give you the most peace, because TRUST me even if he gave you the keys back in a day or so the thought would cross your mind . . .

hmm I wonder if he made a copy before he gave it back to me . . .

because yes my friend, that could happen -
The voice of experience 101

Hope you are able to make your trip soon - you deserve the rest & a relaxing break!

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 11-13-2010, 03:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I finally did get my keys back today so I feel better for now. However, I am going to change the locks, still for peace of mind.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

No there is no computer chip, my step-dad is going to change the locks on the doors and trunk because my car uses the same key for igination and doors.