Notices

Wow

Old 11-10-2010, 06:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wow

A guy can't even run off and drink himself to death around here, lol.

Just checked in and had to reconsider my decision to exit stage left, because you folks just care too darn much, so I'm gonna stick around.

It may not be pretty, but it's life and I'm not going to quit trying to live it better, especially without the booze.

Didn't mean to cause such an uproar, just felt a bit hopeless last night, but the fight in me is slowly coming back.

Thanks to all of you who care enough to call me out and ring my bell so to speak. Sometimes we just don't know how good we have it, and I forgot, just for a little while. I apologize for that temporary laspe in judgement.

So, back to step one, and here we go again. That's ok becuase I know you guys are here and we'll do this together.

Now I've got to finish eating this steak I just cooked, along with a huge baked potatoe, (did it in the microwave, lol.)

It's time to get serious about kicking the booze to the curb once and for all, so I'm gonna needs lots of help, and plenty of steaks, lol.

I do truly love you all and am grateful to be wanted.

Time to get busy saving another life, mine.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back D.
And all jokes aside - it really is life and death.

Use two hands, mate
D
Old 11-10-2010, 06:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm a lurker here and really enjoy your posts! Don't give up!
Old 11-10-2010, 06:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
31/10/10

Good Plan firestorm! Happy that you are here!
Old 11-10-2010, 06:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dismember

I'm just smiling like a fool. I am.

Any time you want to take a stab at what might've gone wrong, we'll try to help make it right. Illuminate the path as it were.

But for the moment, glad you're back. We've missed you, we need you.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Today is a clean slate. What happened yesterday is gone, what happens today depends on me.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

There you go with the food again

The feeling is mutual Dallas... keep coming back.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Man I'm stuffed after the steak and baked potato, and my love tank is full too, thanks to all of you here.

I've spoken with several people in recovery today and have sort of figured out that my way of not drinking isn't working too good, lol. It's hell being stubborn, but after getting my brains smashed out of my head again, I think I'm going to listen with a new set of ears now. One guy had the audacity to tell me to take the cotton out of my ears and put it in my mouth, can you imagine that, lol. Well, he's right ya know, so now with all this cotton stuffed in my mouth, all I can do is mumble, lol.

At least I can still say, "HUH?".

Thanks again friends. You've maybe saved another life today, mine, and for that I'm grateful.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good for you Firestorm!! Never give up the fight. Do NOT let the alcohol win. I for one am proud of you for the strength you are mustering up again! It's a hard road but we never know what tomorrow brings. I pray tomorrow brings you the clarity and peace you are looking for.

All My Best To You
Old 11-10-2010, 08:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
SR Fan

YEA! So glad you're going to stick with us!

Note: I'm eating brownies right now, so I'm right there with you in the food department. (I haven't had a steak in a long time and it sounds really good - hmmm....)

Keep hanging in there!!!
Old 11-10-2010, 08:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I'm so glad you decided to come back. I've followed your journey for quite a while and for some reason, my heart has always had a soft spot for you. Hang in there, dude. You can do this. You have heart and you have all of us to help you as best we can.

Hope you enjoyed that steak. I want a steak.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks for the prayer GP, I feel as if it were heard and answered.

I know the Good Lord wants to help us every day, its' just that we have to get out of the way, and sometimes I try to do HP's job instead of sticking to my own affairs, lol.

I love being sober, loving life and I get these damn blank spots were I feel as if I'm taken over by Mr. Hyde, and start pounding myself into oblivion. It's just plain bonkers.

The greatest thing about all this is I've been given one more chance at life, one more chance to learn, one more chance to connect with people who make my life better each day, as all of you here at SR do. Sometimes the best thing a person can see when in the pit of despair is that one hand reaching out to help, but here at SR, there are countless hands reaching out to pull us up each day and set us on our feet again. Hands from all over the world reaching out to one lone drunk is something that's hard to imagine and fathom, but it's real here daily and that's just mind boggling when you really think of it.

I shutter to think where I'd be if SR weren't here, probably worm food, lol.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

:ghug3
Old 11-10-2010, 09:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
mergirl

My dearest D,
The last time you disappeared for a looooong time, and I worried and thought about you a bunch.

When you leave, it is more of a "burden" to those who have come to love and care about you than all of the up and down posting you could ever do.

Also, when you post your trials and triumphs, you are for sure helping people here, giving back what you have so freely been given. When you disappear, you serve no one but yourself.

So dont tell yourself you are disappearing to do US a favor D. If there are people on this board you have come to care about, stick around. (welcome back)~
Old 11-10-2010, 10:06 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Awakening...

Fire,
You keep your keister right here, and get into a recovery program for god's sake!
Oh, next time you throw some steaks on, I like mine rare.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

FS - So glad you read the other thread and stoked up that fire a bit.

Someone asked me how I did it. I'm early in recovery but now have some sober time under my belt and they asked me what the secret was? I remember thinking the same thing about others who were sober and in recovery and all I could think of was - I never gave up and never stopped thinking that somehow....some way....I can do this.

Huggs. We are here for you~
Old 11-10-2010, 10:44 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Firestorm,
I was having a rough day and this made my day! I also have ups and downs and sometimes I get really close to throwing in the towel - your words are never a burden. I'm going through the same thing and they let me know that I'm alone, and when you're suffering can that make all the difference. It's nice to have you back!!

Also, I'm also making a baked potato I made in the microwave. The oven takes way too long. I'm not going to be waiting an hour and a half for a potato.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:23 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Old 11-11-2010, 03:23 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

Old 11-11-2010, 04:00 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firestorm090 View Post

The greatest thing about all this is I've been given one more chance at life, one more chance to learn, one more chance to connect with people who make my life better each day, as all of you here at SR do. Sometimes the best thing a person can see when in the pit of despair is that one hand reaching out to help, but here at SR, there are countless hands reaching out to pull us up each day and set us on our feet again. Hands from all over the world reaching out to one lone drunk is something that's hard to imagine and fathom, but it's real here daily and that's just mind boggling when you really think of it.
This is so beautiful.

This is God at work. He is with you... see?