A good laugh

Old 11-09-2010, 06:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile A good laugh

A good laugh for everyone including me and I am patting myself on the back for small steps. I so love SR...

So, AH called our daughter today and asked her to tell me that he needed me to call his doctor and reschedule his doctors appointment for his cholesterol check on Friday. He told her he was almost out of blood pressure pills but did not have the money for the appointment.

Daughter calls me and I said without thinking call him back and… I stopped right there realizing what I was doing putting her in the middle just like he had just done. I then said never mind I will call him.

Keep in mind the last time I saw him was over a week ago when he left our house going to get his clothes and move back “home”

I called him and surprisingly he answered his phone. I told him first I would appreciate it if you do not put our kids in the middle of situations and secondly, you are 46 years old No I will not call your doctor and reschedule your appointment you do it. He seemed quite shocked was stumbling for words to say.

Around four hours later he calls me and I was on my way in the door at the police department taking care of an issue I told him I can not talk right now. He asked if I would call him when I got home and I said yes.
I called him after getting home and he asked if I wanted to go on a date this weekend.

I am assuming he made this call because he felt he had lost some control when I refused to make his doctors appointment. (Small steps must speak volumes)

I asked him what did he hope to achieve from a date, his reply was I do not know. My reply was NO I do not want to go on a date with you. He said I will call you when I get off work. I replied how about you just come by we need to talk like adults and decide what we are going to do. He replied I will call you when I get off work.

Of course that was 3 ½ hours ago and I have not heard from him.
Surprise!

I just thought it was funny how he responded with a no for a doctors appointment. I realize that these two no’s were small but to me they were huge because usually I would have made that call and I would have jumped at any chance to get to see him.

Seriously did he expect me to call the doctor for him considering the circumstances? Yes I suppose he did he had no reason not to.

He told me well I just will not go and get the medicine, my response was that is your choice, you know your dads health history howeve,r it is for you too decide. I then graciously told him I had to go.

Just wanted to share a laugh and some small steps that I am proud of.

Hugs,
Old 11-09-2010, 06:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Great! You done GOOD!! Congratulations!!
Old 11-09-2010, 06:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I just thought it was funny how he responded with a no for a doctors appointment. I realize that these two no’s were small but to me they were huge because usually I would have made that call and I would have jumped at any chance to get to see him.
Oh, I think those two no's were HUGE. Real big. There was a time I would have just reflexed that move (calling a doctor).
I hope you feel great, cause you are doing great lady!

Beth
Old 11-09-2010, 06:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good Job....
Old 11-09-2010, 06:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wicked View Post
Oh, I think those two no's were HUGE. Real big. There was a time I would have just reflexed that move (calling a doctor).
Beth
A week ago I would have made that call, like clockwork is, something I have always done for him. I am loving working on me and I know there is a long road ahead, however I feel at peace right now even if just for today
Old 11-09-2010, 06:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Isn't it funny how they can pull our strings--and how much it surprises them when it doesn't work like it use to. Now was that empowering or what!?!?!? Those are HUGE steps! You are taking control of YOU! And that feels soooooo good!

gentle hugs
Old 11-09-2010, 07:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Bravo, bravo! I can appreciate what a big step that was for you!