times when your HP was there

Old 11-09-2010, 10:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tam

times when your HP was there

I dont believe in coincidences. I truly have faith that my HP is in control as
well as my parents. I pray each day for hope with myself and my husband..but there were times I can remember exactly that my HP appeared and helped me during a dark moment..they are:

1. last winter I needed rock salt, went to hardware store. I tried and tried to pick the heavy bag up. was about to leave without it, was just so tired and weak. a man came up to me and asked if I needed help, I said no, Im fine. I wasnt, he picked the bag up and put it into my cart..when I got to my car he again walked over and put the bag in the car for me.
2. I had to close our joint checking account and open one up for just myself.
I was so tired and ashamed to go to the bank. finally I did, told the young woman what happened, she helped me so much. I had to withdraw 68.00 to close it. I walked out with the cash so sad having to close our account. I got into the car and looked at the money thinking , please dad, god, tell me things will be okay..a 5.00 bill was taped together with a penny..a penny from heaven. I got home and in the mail was a new credit card just for me.
3. I was very low on air in tires. I went to gas station, put the money in and tried to put air into my tires, it was extremely cold out. I couldnt work the handle (how stupid,lol) and decided to give up. a young man walked over and asked if I needed help, I said no, Im fine..he said no your not your tires need air, let me help you. he then said, mame, I also have some caps for your tires,please do not let anyone tell you you need tires, they have alot of tread left.
4. on 3 occasions at the pharmacy, at the store and at a funeral my husband appeared at the same time, we didnt talk too much, but he was there just when I thought after weeks of no contact that something happened to him.
5. this past september one sunday evening,I prayed and prayed to my HP and my parents to help him with his health, get him in the hospital and help him. the next day at work I received a call from him that he was in the hospital, he wanted to see me. he was diagnosed with leukemia, something I certainly didnt pray for, but again I got to see him and made some amends.

these are just a few...not coincidences..looking forward to reading some of your posts
Old 11-09-2010, 11:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've seen HP at work in my life so many times it's astounding.

The day that all hell broke lose between my XAH and I, two events happened to tell me that HP supported me in my decision to leave him:
a) After having been to see a social worker who told me that XAH was an addict and that I needed help, I didn't quite know what to do. I still wondered if there was something to be worked out...I called my ex-MIL and cried while telling her what was going on. She listened and in a very steady voice she told me: "NoDay, get out of there. Save yourself and save your daughter. My son is crazy." That startled the heck out of me, and it's ultimately what convinced me that I had to leave.
b) when I hung up the phone after having spoken to her for an hour, I started to bawl again. My then-14 month old baby toddled over to me, looked at me with her big brown eyes and hugged me. I can't imagine a clearer message.

The day I went to court to get custody of my daughter, I prayed to HP to give me the serenity accept the outcome of what was to happen. I have never felt so sure that I wasn't in control of anything and gave up all my fear to HP. That day, XAH didn't show up to court and I was granted sole custody of my little girl.

I keep thinking that I'll eventually get used to HP's presence in my life, but I have to say, it never gets old. I'm always so grateful and overjoyed to realize when HP is at work.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There have been so many instances in my life that began keeping journals in '96. Two therapists and a Jesuit priest have told me I have a book. I'll share a recent one with you -

My purse went through a metal detector and security stopped it immediately, going back and forth on one image. All of a sudden one of the security guards was standing by my side, and they asked if I had some kind of dagger or knife in my purse. They showed me the image and it was the entire length of my purse.

I told them I had a rosary in my purse, the only thing that resembled a dagger, and of course everyone said that can't be it. I was smiling, I knew it was.

They asked where the rosary was in my purse, I showed them, and they very carefully pulled it out, not disturbing anything else. They ran my purse again and the image was gone.

I told them it was my cross and my sword

I believe what was seen that day was for the benefit of many, not just myself, and including the dear friend who gave the rosary to me.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I interviewed at a *very prestigious* residency program on the east coast and I desperately wanted to go there. However, it didn't work out and I ended up in Chicago, which is where my entire extended family lives. It was a very good program and I was happy to go back to my extended family even though my parents were still in NJ.

Just a few months after we arrived in Chicago my parents moved; they followed us to Chicago! Then just 2 months later my mother was diagnosed with a terminal disease.

I draw enormous comfort from the fact that my mother got to spend the rest of her days surrounded by her siblings, mother, children and grandchildren. Though I miss her terribly I know that it was truly a gift from God that we were all there for her in the end.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I've heard it said that Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous, and I believe that with all my heart.

Many times in my life, just when I needed something, it would appear. Sometimes it was just enough money to pay a bill I had worried about paying. Sometimes it was something someone said that I really needed to hear at that moment. Or a phone call from a friend that I needed to talk to. Or a job that presented itself at exactly the right time.

My needs have always been met. My mother used to call that "our daily bread". We may not have received the whole loaf, but always enough to meet our needs.

I feel God working in my life every day. Recovery has taught me to pay attention and notice how it all fits into a greater plan.

It's a beautiful thing, these coincidences.

Hugs
Old 11-09-2010, 10:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
The sun still shines

The best example I have is when I gave up work to start my own business. After 6 months I had no money left and realised I will have to go back to work for a while. I prayed that morning that I would find some work. Two hours later I got a call out of the blue from an old company I used to work for asking if I could start working the next week.

For years I was in denial about the extend of my son's addiction. I believed him when he said he was only doing weed (not that I was OK with that!).

A couple of things happened within a week to make me see the reality:
- My friend's daughter tried to commit suicide because of drugs. I told her that my son was OK at the moment and that I think he is finding his way (oh! the extend of my denial!!!)
- His friend's mother bumped into me and told me that her son said my son was doing really serious drugs.
- Someone on another drug-unrelated forum told me that my son's behaviour indicated much more serious use than weed.
- I went into his bathroom for some reason and found containers and containers of magic mushroom being grown.

He hasn't been working for a long time and I tried to get him to leave the house, but he just ignored me. When I found out about the MM, he volunteered to leave.

That day was the first time that I knew how much damage my enabling did him and I knew with certainty that he had to leave. For the first time ever I had no doubt and little guilt. I honestly believe God was showing me the way.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

A couple of months ago I was posting on here because I hadn't heard from my daughter in 6 weeks (she was actively addicted to heroin). I didn't want to chase her down, check up on the addict etc. but I was very worried. I went to an alanon meeting that nite. On the way home I looked out the window and saw her walking down the street. I kept going ..knowing my HP was like"OK here she is ..now stay out of the way!"
Just one of many instances where I was given what I needed.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
it is what it is

one of my more recent instances - kinda humorous - i made the decision to renovate the loft of my barn so that i can move out of the house because of the toxic relationship with roommate - i prayed that i would be given a sign that i am doing what i need to do - i prayed please "hit me on the head with a 2x4" - part of the project included building a hay barn to get the hay out of the loft - i was on a ladder putting a 2x6 up and it flipped over and hit me right in the face - at the time i only thought "wow, that really hurt" the next morning while nursing my wounds from the encounter it dawned on me - He didn't have a 2x4 handy so the 2x6 had to do!!! i learned to ask for less violent signs (lol) and that He has a sense of humor - i hope no one will think i am making light of His protection and provision - there are many times as Ann expressed that He has been there - and i am thankful for every one - even the painful ones!
Old 11-10-2010, 07:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

litehorse......that made me laugh. Thank you!

My HP has certainly been here with me lately. He has felt the depth of my despair. He has listened to my prayers. He heard me change my prayers from "help my son...to help my son help himself.....guide him". He heard me turn my son over to him. He heard me beg for the strength and courage to turn my life over to Him. All in desparate prayers said while sobbing on the floor of the shower.

My son is in treatment. I can't attribute that to anything else but mine and my son's HP.

Right now.....my prayers are prayers of gratitude.

gentle hugs
Old 11-10-2010, 07:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

God's Voice -

When I was still living with my now ex ah - I was miserable - he had relapsed after almost 3 yrs in recovery. He had been off & on in recovery for about 2 yrs - I had been asking the God of my understanding to please give me the freedom to walk away for over a year. God had said "It's not time my child" (I actually had already seen an atty, etc so I was truly ready to leave)
Nov 2008 - We were getting ready to have a bday party for one of the grandkids are our house - I found drugs on the floor where one of the babies would have been playing.

I prayed "God it isn't safe for these precious little ones to be here, they should have to live this way"
and
I HEARD GOD SAY "NEITHER DO YOU MY CHILD, YOU ARE FREE"

And in less than 2 wks I moved out

Thanksgiving nite, I spent the first nite in my new apartment - as before and ever since then - God has continued to just WOW me with the wonderful and awesome things He can do for me and thru me to help others.

the God of my understanding is the absolute PINK BOMB!!!!!!!

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 11-12-2010, 05:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
tam

as I stated on a recent post, the last 2 weeks have been stressful since
dealing with attorneys and of course the divorce process.
my dad used to tell us all the time, always talk to an attorney, get an attorney,they are expensive but worth it in the end, money well spent. cover your a..

Im seeing that now..when I hired my attorney I selected him for a numer of reasons after interviewing others. he is a little more expensive but I felt he
was more qualified for my situation.

anyhow, my father's saying came to mind and I pray to him everynight asking for his guidance and strength. I miss him terribly, I was his "favorite gal" we
were extremely close and he was always there for me since my mom passed away when I was 7.
but now I need him, now I wish he were here to talk me through this, to support me. I might not be able to talk to him but I feel he is here for me.
I truly feel everything I have done on my own is because he is guiding me.
with my mom and my HP.

today, I received a telephone message at my home from his wife saying she has been thinking of me constantly for weeks now, wants to know if Im okay and wants to hear from me...havent heard from her in over a year..

today, exactly the same time she left that message I spoke to my attorney,I stood my ground with my attorney. I stated the facts, I questioned the law, I felt in control and I told him Im ready. Im prepared, getting everything together. I even thought I was an attorney a few times,lol
Old 11-12-2010, 06:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Tonight, I asked a girl who works on my floor to have a drink with me. It was just a burst of intuition. Something was telling me to do it. I had a couple drinks, and we were talking. Come to find out, she just left her husband. He is addicted to prescription pills, but she suspects he's on OC's. We had so much in common. It was wonderful meeting somebody who understood what I had been through and vice versa. That was the Higher Power at work. I had a great time with her. I don't have any friends around, so it was nice to meet her.