Notices

Something positive for a change!

Old 11-08-2010, 02:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Something positive for a change!

It so strange how things work sometimes. I was recently told by my husband that he's moving out of town with our child by the end of the month and that he'd like me to live nearby them and get my act together before we can be together again. This is totally reasonable considering the gross negligence that has been associated with my alcoholism. So today I posted an ad on Craigslist saying I was looking for a room in the area. I just got a response saying "I don't know if this is something you might be interested in or not, but here's a link to my ad." I went to check it out and it was a lovely house but specifically Clean and Sober! It went on to say that it's very inexpensive and he just likes people to contribute and get on their feet. Is that weird or what? Naturally I wrote back and said this sounded great to me. Just thought I'd share the one positive thing that's happened to me amid all of my personal turmoil.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Someone up there is watching over you and helping you along. Helping open the door for you to get your family and life back together. Good for you. I am happy for you. Stay strong.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds like what some folks call a God Shot, stella
D
Old 11-08-2010, 03:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah, it's massively coincidental and I hope it works out! Additionally I just got in touch with an old friend on Facebook yesterday. I haven't talked to him in over five years. Ironically he told me he's just begun in his own alcohol recovery! Weird!