Notices

omg i hate this sickness

Old 11-05-2010, 09:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

omg i hate this sickness

this has to be the worst sickness in life...i just cant seem to do it. what is wrong with me i keep doing.. UGH! I hate it I know where i want to be but can't get there... over and over i keep saying its ok to drink.....can there be a light at the end of the tunnel. body is messed up life is pretty mess up and why. need a vacation from drinking. nobody in my world thinks it a problem UGH get ur S _ _ _ together UGH MAD AT SELF. Life should not be that F en hard
Old 11-05-2010, 09:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Are you still drinking? That's the insanity about this disease - drinking/using is the only thing that feels natural when you're really in it. Sorry you're having a rough time.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
31/10/10

Fighter - let go and don't drink today. Don't worry about the rest of your life. Just don't drink today and then repeat. If you have already had a drink today you might want to take a shower, put on clean PJs and go to bed. Then, once sobered up, get back on here and start afresh.

Nobody in my world thinks I have a problem either. But then, they don't know what I know about myself.

hug
vee
Old 11-05-2010, 09:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You keep coming back here for a reason. This can be your bottom.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi fight

When I couldn't help but do the same thing over and over, and I was getting sicker and sicker, I had to force myself to do something different.

We are ill - but it's a unique ailment in that we have to make the effort to fix ourselves.
We get out of this exactly what we put in.

Never give up.

If you haven't tried AA, try it. If you have, try another recovery programme.
Theres a recovery programmes sticky in Alcoholism forum that I think I've posted to you before.

Try seeing your Dr, see a counsellor, even think about inpatient or outpatient rehab perhaps....

You can do this - you can break the cycle - you just have to find the support you need, and the willingness inside yourself to do things differently.

Just take a day at a time. You;ll always find support here - find real life support as well and you'll be well on your way.

D
Old 11-06-2010, 01:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

FTW...you need to take this energy and quit today and get support. Going solo for me didn't work and I needed a bit more then SR. I needed help in making a new life for myself and getting on track in coping with life's ups/downs without alcohol.

You can do it. Seems to me what you have done in the past doesn't work so perhaps a change is what you need. There are many options out there so why not reach out. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain my friend.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Don't give up! Keep trying until you make it. I did. AFter constantly relapsing I was sick of myself and put all my effort into not drinking just for today. And all those days added up to nearly a year now. And now the idea of drinking doesnt' enter my mind, except to be glad I'm not doing it anymore. Keep at it!!
Old 11-06-2010, 01:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Forget about what other people think! If you feel that drinking is an issue for you, then it's an issue! It drives me crazy in my own life that some people think I am overreacting about my own struggle.
It's about no one but yourself.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Dismember

It's hard, but sometimes it pays to take a step back then try a new approach.

I like the way Dee put it: you get out what you put in, and if your solutions don't seem to be getting you anywhere try another.

Every alcoholic knows something about persistence, it's what kept us drinking. We'd try any means to get drunk and do whatever it takes. Sobriety requires a similar tack. Only with sobriety the end results are a life.