need some help

Old 11-05-2010, 06:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

need some help

im not an alcohalic, but im dating a recovering alcohalic, i met him jan 2010, we fell madly in love, he was 1 year sober in may,

i understand the importance of meetings,
my problem is, on occasion i get jelous, cause he spends, 4 nights a week, at his meetings, and the rest of the time, its his family, or hes tired, he works 6 days a week, it would be nice for us to go out for an evening of the two of us, could anyone give me some advice, on how to work through the moments i have?
Old 11-05-2010, 06:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR......I'm glad you found us and I hope that you will be able to find answers to your questions here.

One year sober is a wonderful mile stone for your guy. It's HUGE. And he's doing what he knows he needs to do to stay that way. I understand how you would want to spend more time with someone you love but you want that someone to be sober.

A good way to work through your moments of missing him would be to make sure that you are doing something that is important for you.....maintaining and nurishing your independence. A hobby....exercising....taking a bubble bath....whatever makes you happy. Concentrate on yourself and allow him the space that he needs to stay sober. You'll both benefit.

gentle hugs