Notices

Today

Old 11-05-2010, 04:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
xuse

Today

Today even though my weekend is full i keep thinking bout drinking every few minutes
Old 11-05-2010, 05:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I feel for you. I dont feel qualified to give advice my record aint good but maybe try and remember all the bad bits - the reason you are here - the hangovers, guilt, fear, sickness, blackouts etc. Be strong - im sure you will be receiving some very helpful useful tips very soon.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
xuse

Yeah im sticking around
Old 11-05-2010, 05:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dismember

What's going on? (Aside from the obvious of posting here, of course.)

If I start having a lot of alcohol thoughts over and over sometimes I try to find something a little mentally or physically engaging than what I've been doing. Coming here is good too. Alcohol is mentioned over and over here but usually in the context of getting rid of it.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stay close Xuse...sometimes days are like that.
You're not alone here

D
Old 11-05-2010, 05:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I certainly understand your thinking. I've been thinking about drinking since I woke up this morning. However, I almost set the house on fire recently and I don't want to live in a nightmare anymore. You can do this! Just remind yourself of the worst experience you've had drinking. Or think of a casket with you in it (I try to visualize this at times and it's remarkably effective!). Best wishes.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
xuse

Im here plan on staying but kinda bored maybe thats why i keep thinking a beer would be so good right now
Old 11-05-2010, 05:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am often bored. And I have very often, too often been drunk/sick as hell from drinking. I'll take bored any day now over what drinking brings. Being bored won't make you sick or kill you but drinking could.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Drink Think

Put it out of your mind now!
Change channels.
I relapsed 2 weeks ago and it was because I was thinking of drink so much, it became inevitable. Find something else to do. watch TV. Read. Make some calls.
Just change the subject.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Xuse are you still working your sober date from July of this year that is in your profile? If so:

I have been bored a lot too, both drunk and sober. I prefer being bored sober any day of the week. Gotta wii or any other game that gets you up and moving? I see you like to hunt, got cable? There are some good shows on the Outdoor channel. I'll bet that you haven't cleaned and oiled your hunting tools lately be they bows, black powder, or rifle/shotguns. Wow! Glad you posted. I meant to clean mine last week and brain farted! Thanks.

I know what the beer tastes like as I drank a gazillion of them. I gave them up. Don't need to revisit the experience thank you very much. But you can recommit to staying sober tonight with me and the rest here.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
31/10/10

xuse - don't cave in to those thoughts. This is the new life you have started, the sober you, healthy and happy. Find anything to occupy yourself, even if its just watching tv or surfing the web.

hang in there and report your success here!
vee
Old 11-05-2010, 06:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
xuse

No ive fell off twice about the casket thing thats kinda morbid but anyways thanks to all its kinda past now or for now im going to beat up on my son on ncaa11 on the 360 check back later
Old 11-05-2010, 07:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

Go to bed!

Or... when I have a craving I try to face it unemotionally. "OK, a craving. I bet it won't still be around in a half hour". It's just alcohol talking. It's not real.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:47 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
xuse

Well going to bed wont solve anything i cant sleep
Old 11-05-2010, 08:23 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

When I'm bored and want to use I read NA/AA literature. I don't know if you follow the program (I actually don't attend or anything yet), but they have it on their site. Some of it really really helps me realize why I want to use, and put things into perspective.

I also write, I can't remember what's it's called when you keep writing without stopping to think but that helps me a lot. I'll write and write and write then re-read it and it helps me figure out what is going on.

I've been dealing with a lot of boredom lately...Or really just moments where there's nothing I feel like doing and I immediately want to use. Those are hard moments that seem to take forever to pass.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:48 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Xuse - I stayed on here in the beginning whenever I felt lonely, bored, etc. Whether I posted, or wrote a blog or just read. Being here helped me through those times where my mind wandered and thought of the old habit.

Whatever you do please don't drink. You are doing great and we are here for you.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:30 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi! I'm Just curious because I know our have kid(s)....what would you tell them if they came up to you and said "I'm bored"