Notices

Hi again

Old 11-05-2010, 04:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi again

Hi to everyone.

I've been lurkin for a while and keeping in touch.

I think I am needing to keep in touch more often. I need support. I have stopped so many times of late,but as usual, can't stay stopped.......

I am needing to set myself a new 'day 1'.................again..

But anyhow....Hi to all those who remember me and to all the newcommers.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi. Good to see you back again. I know for me then I have to actively keep in contact with fellow alcoholics and addicts daily to keep my alkie mind in check! SR is brilliant for this and keeps it real daily for me.
I use AA too and that has really helped me as of late.

Most importantly I have to reach out and share where I'm at in order to get out of my own head in a healthy positive way as opposed to bottling it up and getting out of my own head by drinking and drugging.

All The Best
Old 11-05-2010, 04:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
xuse

Hey one day at a time im hanging here tonight i think it might help pls going hunting with my sons in the morning we get back up when we fall down thats important
Old 11-05-2010, 04:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

Good to see you back!
Old 11-05-2010, 04:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Anna....have patience....as it really does "work if you work it, cuz YOU are worth it!"
Old 11-05-2010, 04:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Stayinfree

Welcome to you too Nula
D
Old 11-05-2010, 04:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back! Hope this can be your last day One.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back. We all understand. Good luck to you.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks guys.
Am feeling very shaky today. I just wanted to pop on to say thanks and that I appreciate it. Hopefully when I start to feel better I will be able to post again.

Today is my day 1........ I am beaten and feeling so low.
My plan tonight is to have a bath after tea, get into my jammies and watch X Factor.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you again SF, wish you succes in, trying once again.. back.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm sorry I won't be wasting anyone's time again...................I simply cannot give this up....I am crying into my glass of wine and I really am just giving up, on giving up.

I have been defeated yet again. I cannot win over this......I am in utter despair, and I am not strong enough to fight it anymore.

God is not there for me.........I'm not strong enough alone. I haven't got what you have all got....I don't know how to get that.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Kristin

you got to want it babe
you got to take steps to walk
hope to see you on here soon ready.
muah
Old 11-06-2010, 03:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Look at all the folks here SF. So many of us tried for years.

You can do this too

Perhaps you need to add to whatever you've been doing? get some real life support - try AA, try some other programme, see your Dr, get some counselling....get some help.

The key is action SF - actually doing something different - taking definite steps.

There's always a lot of other options besides drinking - they're not as easy, but they're so worth it.

I've never met a hopeless case yet

D
Old 11-06-2010, 03:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi, SF.

I am so sorry to hear of your pain, and I'm here to offer compassion, not criticism. We have all been where you are. Have you considered a medical in-patient detox? I would recommend this (it would probably be 3-5 days), and it would ease you comfortably into physical abstinence and jump start your road to recovery. Just my two cents.

Take care and, at all costs, be good to yourself. You deserve a happy life.

Best,

Via
Old 11-06-2010, 03:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi SF...
You would not be on this site today if there wasn't a reason. Hope to hear from you again soon!
Carlos
Old 11-06-2010, 04:38 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Dismember

Hey Stayinfree,

There have been many times in my life where I thought the guilt of falling off the wagon again and again was too much to take and drinking would be better. But the problems that made me want to get sober in the first place were still there to make me miserable.

There's no limit to the number of times you're allowed to start again. So I hope you'll come back and try again. We're all here to help you figure out what it'll take to make your next try better.

There's an old Islamic poem that has helped me a lot in these times: "Ours is not a caravan of despair. Even though you have broken your vow ten thousand times, come, come again."
Old 11-06-2010, 04:39 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

SF, its taken yrs and yrs of lasting no more than 2 weeks, drink free, then my health was taken a knock from it, as well as my finances/job/relationship,etc Action was needed,now i wanted it badly enough to pull out all the stops..once you really get over that first major Hurdle that looks so daunting and scary...then you start to beleive,and the initiative comes with, i found..staying with it requires a few new tools im Discovering, but hey its an adventure..and so worth being free from the shackles of Addiction..good luck.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:38 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Kristin

hey babe! Relapse is part of recovery sometime. Rarely does someone get it "right" the first time. Some of the best sobrieties come from relapsing. We can take a good hard look on what we were or werent doing and what still needs to be done. I can only speak for myself, but i have relapsed a few times. Please remember that recovery is a progress, not a journey. There is no end point to where we stop trying
muah
Old 11-06-2010, 06:17 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Stayin, I think I remember you and you used to have a picture of somebody walking into the woods if you're that same person.

I wish I had something to say to make it stop, but I think it takes you being so miserable with it that you're ready to give up. I'm thinking I may sound stupid as I'm saying this, but have you asked yourself how much of a beating you need to endure through hanging on to drinking? I don't know if you have immersed yourself lately in learning material that gives you a look at how awful it is (such as Rain In My Heart, for example)? what do you think it takes to stop? Can you do anything different from what you tried today and in the past (AA or other approaches)?
Old 11-07-2010, 08:57 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thank you for your words of support.

I don't know what to do this time to stop this insanity. All I know is that I am going to stop. Now.

My head is all over the place. I know I need to come on here daily but I don't know what to do or how to do it. What do I post? I can barely type.

Do I fight this will everything I have or do I give up fighting and surrender?

Sorry if I'm not making much sense. I am sober but I can't think clearly today.

Thanks for reading x