Name change

Old 11-05-2010, 08:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Name change

I have to say going from Wife2Kids to HoopNinja-well it made me realize an important part of my life had just disappeared and now, it's coming back. The real me is returning.

Yesterday I got my new social security card and I now officially have MY name back. I am not saddled with a name I never wanted to begin with (I NEVER wanted to change my name when we got married but xah just harassed me to no end. I finally got sick of it and said fine.)

The funny thing is-most people who are close to me continued to call me by my maiden name (always called me by my last name-they said it fit me better than my first name). They could never bring themselves to call me by my married name and continued to call me by my last name (maiden).

It feels good to be back!
Old 11-05-2010, 08:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So glad you got your name back! The name change here is powerful too I think - just reading it gives a great vibe.

I had the name changetaken out of my divorce petition at the last minute. The stress of how it would affect my kids at the same time we were moving towns and switching schools wasn't worth it but I totally intend to pay the money and change it back at some point in the future!
Old 11-05-2010, 08:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was lucky Thumper. I had never completely given up my name. It was part of my middle name and both my kids have it as part of their middle name. So it wound up not being a big deal. My oldest son (because he does not like xah) has asked if he can also change his name. I told him when he is 18 years old--if he still feels like it he can change his name. I also told him since I was not married to his dad anymore that I was not really Mrs. xah's last name. I was my father's daughter so have his last name and he is his father's son so he has his last name. It made sense to him.

My 5 year old does not really call me anything but Mama so by the time he starts paying attention to my name it will already have been that for a while.

But I understand. My oldest sister kept her married name for the kids but she change her middle name to her maiden name (so we have now sort of made it part of family tradition that our kids have 2 middle names-one being our maiden name).
Old 11-05-2010, 09:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
part time member

When I got married I didn't know that I could change my middle name to my maiden name. Oh well. If I was to get married now I wouldn't change my name. My mother died and my father decided to put her maiden name - married name. I thought that was great! I am still married so have no intention of changing it now.

Good luck...you sound much happier.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

welcome back! congrats on the name, i can't wait to have mine back too!!! all in good time, my pretty....all in good time!!
Old 11-06-2010, 04:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by missphit View Post
all in good time, my pretty....all in good time!!
Are you waiting for a house to drop on him

OK, OK just kidding (although I often thought it would be swell if a house dropped on xah).
Old 11-06-2010, 04:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

hahaha, actually, in my own very special way, i sort of am!!! hehehehehe.....gotta love it!!