Notices

Cruising around reading

Old 11-05-2010, 12:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cruising around reading

I don't come here too often, but every time I do I remember the first time I did. My son had a serious problem with drugs and I told myself I was looking for help for him. Deep down I knew I had a problem with alcohol and this was a safe place to read what other alcoholics had to say. Those that were brave enough to actually post!

My son got sober in early 2007, but I didn't until last year. It felt good to come back here "out of the closet" and finally admit that I related to the things other people shared about their addictions. It felt good to read about struggles I share, and solutions I can learn from.

If you are here poking around because you wonder if you have a problem, I'm glad you are here. Hopefully this is the beginning of a journey of acceptance and hope for a better life for you. It is possible. And you deserve it.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you again caughtinthemid

D
Old 11-05-2010, 08:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

great post caughtinthemid

I started looking at this site a few years ago too. Last month I decided to join and change my life for the better.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back!
Old 11-05-2010, 09:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dear Caught,

I think deep down we know we need help. Our lives are out of control and we can't seem to get out from under ourselves. We come here looking for a way to start the process of putting our lives back together. Looking for hope. We read other peoples struggles, start to see ourselves in them and process the fact it is possible to end the merry go round we're on. There is help. We're not alone nor misfits. Kindred spirits I guess.

We are accepted here. I agree with you. It was great to come out of the closet and quit hiding our secrets. Alcoholism wants you to hide, isolate and lie. Great Post!

Best Wishes To You!
Old 11-05-2010, 07:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Glad you are here.