Notices

More hopeful now

Old 11-04-2010, 05:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

More hopeful now

I went to my counseling session and I feel so much better to know that someone else has been through the same thing. It is much better to talk to someone else who can relate to my problem and now I have to do the work and get the hell out of here. I am not a type of person that can sleep in the same bed or live in the same house with a man that wants to be free to have intimacy with whoever and whenever he feels the need. I can talk a good game but I honestly have some work to do in the next couple of days and keep my composure at the same time and not make it anymore difficult for my kids than it has to be. Wish me luck! Oh yeah, I haven't even let this drive me back to drinking as amazing as that may sound it is so true.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're feeling better searchinghap

D
Old 11-04-2010, 06:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dismember

Good to hear! True there is nothing like someone else who knows.

There is never an excuse for a man who acts like that. Glad to hear you are taking action. I haven't a family, but I've been in a position like that. It can still hurt, even if it is the right thing to do.

Wishing and praying you all the best.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Good for you for not drinking over this. It's hard, but life is full of change. My experience is that I'm much stronger (not to mention more clear-headed) in sobriety and able to make much better choices. Actually, I think I probably avoided them when I was drinking...... hmmm.....

Sending good thoughts your way that everything will go smoothly for you and your children.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the uplifting replies. I finally had the courage to confront my husband and told him exactly and honestly what I was feeling and planning on doing. He acts like he don't believe me and he's sleeping now. He will see! God will give me the strength. That is what has to be done. I have to get out now before I go even more insane!