moment of peace

Old 11-04-2010, 09:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

moment of peace

since i mostly post about my pain i thought i would post this really quick- i had a moment of peace in my head. for some reason i thought about reading some old medieval eoropean history and i liked that idea. in all honesty, not to be defeatist, but by the time i get home and done everything i need to do, it is unlikely that i will open a book, i have a feeling i wouldnt be able to stay focused, but at least i had that glimmer for a second.

another thing, i know i post a lot about my pain and all and i sometimes ask the same questions. and i know it seems like i am stuck in this bad place. i hope it is ok to keep posting that kind of stuff. i dont want to bring anyone else down, but it really helps me work through this stuff. sometimes the tough love works, sometimes the gentle hugs work. i really need those assurances i constantly ask for, and eventually i will need them less.

i really do appreciate everyone's replies to every thing i post. i feel safe being able to just blurt out my feelings here. this is a subject that has no where else for me to release.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
tam

having thoughts of doing something good for yourself is a step steve..then comes the actual doing, you will get there.
I thought of running again, redecorating the house. went out and bought alot of paint and supplies. went out and got myself new running gear..then did nothing, I had every excuse in the book not to do these things, tired,long day, mentally drained..etc..slowly I started painting, slowly I went for short runs.
now 2 rooms are done (okay so it took a few months) and Im out running like I did many years ago.
thats recovery for ya..It didnt happen overnight, but it happened thats the main thing. Im in a much better place than 11 months ago. yeah I still have more recovery ahead of me, but we have to keep trying and have hope.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

that's great Steve

One small step at a time -

Keep taking such great care of YOU!

Remember - YOU DESERVE IT!

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 11-04-2010, 09:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

yes yes yes!!! When we find one minute of peace, it feels so good. Then we find a way to find 15 minutes of peace, and it feels better. Then we get a good 1/2 hour of peace and we begin to crave that feeling of peace. Eventually, we get the point that we can find that peaceful place for more hours than we feel awful and obsessed.

Didn't that minute feel good?

gentle hugs