Preparing for Takeoff!!

Old 11-04-2010, 05:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Preparing for Takeoff!!

well, the time is quickly approaching for me, my kitties and my kid to take off on sunday to make the drive north to my new place. It is a long awaited awakening and beginning for me and my detachment from alcoholism. I have alot of healing and recovery to work on and I am looking very forward to it. Once i land, i need to find work! That is something I am looking forward too, if you can believe that.
It is hard to believe this is really coming to fruition. after making this decision the beginning of September, I am amazed at how the universe looked after me and my needs to provide me with the chance to find an apartment and secure it through email and telephone, and to be able to make enough money to move, though once i get there i need to find work quickly, but i think i will.....
I am so grateful for those of you who have done this before me to show me it is possible. I need to concentrate on my own recovery and let the alcoholic concentrate on himself and whichever he chooses will no longer directly affect me and my life. I'm just amazed it has taken me this long to figure this out, but i'm so grateful i did!!
just a couple more days and i will be out of here without looking back!! i'm pretty excited and very scared, but i know i can do it!!
Old 11-04-2010, 05:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Bon Voyage!!
Looking forward to the posts from your "new" life!
You're doing great!
Peace-
B
Old 11-04-2010, 05:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I'll be thinking of you...of us. An incredible group of strong, corageous women. Do you know anyone where you are going? networking is #1 when looking for a job. Tell your friends and business contacts, even if they do not reside there, they may know someone who does, or their own friends may know someone, etc etc.

Also, my family has lots of fun checking resumes (I got tons of useful tips from Columbia Uni) if you'd like us to give an objective opinion/suggestions. (For instance, my best friend won a National award, and she had it listed LAST...) PM me if you wish...

HP has your back!! good trip to everyone and I love you are taking the kitties with you... my cats enjoy every packing/moving...and make it all less stressful!!
Old 11-04-2010, 06:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

My cats LOVE to get inside boxes and luggage, lol