Notices

Seriously

Old 11-03-2010, 01:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Seriously

So why did my hubby get mad at me last night? Because I fell asleep while putting my daughter down.

And I have for the past few weeks.

Ummmm I am tired and my body is trying to heal from 20 years of abuse (day 65 btw...)

He has never used anything, and does not understand why after I work all day, come home and do most of the housework, help my (not his) daughter with her homework, bath, get ready for next day, blah blah blah.. that I might be a bit tired.

Are you kidding me?

Sorry, I am just so frustrated and I almost bought a bottle of wine at lunch today. I did not. I went to Starbucks instead.

I have tried to explain that if I had more help in the house I would not be so exhausted. And I am pi**ed that he did not contribute his share to the household account this month either...

Yes, I confronted him. And I was proud of me. I went to shower, had a good cry and got me and my girl ready. On the way to work, in a non mean (calm as I could be tone) talked to him on the phone about the housework and the finances.

I am so physically and mentally tired I just want to cry some more...

Maybe after work I will listen to Barry Manilow on my IPOD and have a good cry on the way home....

Thanks for listening... I am just frustrated about so many things right now!

waaaahhh

Lori
Old 11-03-2010, 01:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're having trouble with your marriage.

You made the right choice to not drink!
Old 11-03-2010, 02:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Lori

Just remember, no matter what else happens, you will always find support here. Good for you for not giving in

D
Old 11-03-2010, 05:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Lori:

I think many of us can relate to the utter exhaustion in early sobriety -- there are a lot of new things to deal with and physical changes as well. Try to be gentle on yourself ... who cares if there are dust balls blowing through the house or the floor is dirty? You're staying sober and taking care of your little girl; those are big, important jobs on their own.

Congrats on your sober time. You're doing great. Breathe.

ddog
Old 11-03-2010, 05:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
6/20/08

You are doing what is right. Tough as it is.

Be kind to yourself. Stick close to SR. Lots of support, here.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I felt really, really tired for the first couple months. Infact, I did as little as possible after working. I got a lot of carry-out and didn't worry too much about the house and yard. My energy got better and better over time - so hang in there.

I'm sorry your husband doesn't understand (sounds tiring to me even without the adjustment to sobriety). You could always find an article or two online about it to share with him.

Hope tomorrow is much better, Lori!!:ghug3