I'm a drama addict...

Old 11-03-2010, 11:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Just for today....

I'm a drama addict...

Today something dawned on me....I am a drama addict. I cannot let a day go by without creating some type of drama in my life. Whether it's a leaky faucet, or trying to help a family member who needs something...I function best when I have drama.
I tell everyone who will listen, over and over again. I make mountains out of molehills...I am an open book and everyone always knows my business because I put it out there in the form of drama.
Now, I am at a point in my life that should be drama free....I am divorced from AH, I have a wonderful new BF who would do absolutely anything for me, I am doing okay financially and I thought for the first time in my life everything was going fine...so whats going on?
I create the craziest scenarios in my head, today I was thinking about the fact that my new BF of 3 months mentioned something about getting married someday...I turned this into a drama for all my co workers to help me solve...what am I gonna do...why did he say that...should I break up with him...ugh. It's simple I say to him, not ready for that yet..and keep enjoying the wonderful relationship we have...right?

So what gives? How do I fix this? I guess I have had a lifetime full of drama, and now that everything is calm I have no idea what to do with myself...Am I missing what I wanted to badly to get rid of?

Help me figure this out!
Old 11-03-2010, 12:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Talk to a professional

If you are unhappy with yourself (some people are just more emotionally reactive than others) and truely think that your inclination for drama is excessive, talk to a professional counselor. Your reactive pattern to events could have alot to do with having an ex a as well as many other psycho-social factors. SR is a great place for support, yet success for the individual ultimately happens when they take self-directed proactive action. At times I'm convinced my GF has hystrionic personality disorder (she really just drinks too much occasionally and is goinv through a stressful BK) but, is balanced the rest of the time. A good counselor will help you figure yourself out and effect change if it's what you want.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

All I can say is I think I am too. I feel numb when there is no drama. And it's almost like I feel I don't have much else to talk about if there isn't any. I do not like this, and think about it often and do not want to be this way. Sorry I have no encouragement or advice, just saying I know how you feel. I am going to Al-anon to try to help, maybe you could try it even if you aren't currently living with active alcoholism?
Old 11-04-2010, 04:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Hi froglegs! I agree with the advice given above...
Therapy rules, and I have found out I am addicted to several unhealthy things, and sometimes I act in ways that are learned and are not my real self. There is much hope and brighter days ahead! but only with the help of a pro will you be able to find the way out.......... at least that is how it has been for me......

All the best!!
Old 11-04-2010, 05:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Drama is your drug. Without it, life is painful. You keep the focus on the drama to avoid what's really going on inside of you.
Your best bet would be therapy.
This cycle is similiar to the alcoholics cycle. Life hurts, they are bored, they drink, gamble, do drugs, have sex all over the place. Anything to avoid reality
Drama is no different.