Notices

Damn it, damn it, damn it

Old 11-02-2010, 09:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Damn it, damn it, damn it

I lasted 5 days. More days in a row than in years? yes. But I have just ended my 5th night binge since. Thought I was being good. Turned down temptation of Halloween parties and everything. But still let personal tribulations get the best of me and just NEEDED that one drink (which of course turns into 5-20 or more.) Ugh. This is harder than I thought. Well not really...but I thought I would have had more success. 5 days?? *sigh* Most of a bottle of wine gone tonight and I am in a self-loathing moment. Thanks for listening. Tomorrow? Day 1 again.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Many of us had false starts hellcat. Glad you're back

What do you think you need to add now to what you've been doing do far? (I don't need an answer but it bears some thinking about )

D
Old 11-02-2010, 10:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Sorry to hear that, hellcat. But you're here and tomorrow's a brand new day - a new 24 hours to stay sober and if you've already done 4 or 5, you can do 1. That's all you ever have to do - just one 24 hour period.

I really had to be vigilant that first week or two and not even think about never having another drink. It was too overwhelming. All I could do was keep coming back to the present and it really helped.

I've broken plenty of promises to myself, too, so don't get too down. Find some things to be grateful for (like those 5 days!), and take the next step.

We'll rooting for you!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dismember

Hope you'll be here. You know there's no loathing coming from us.

Some people, I don't know how, but they just snap their fingers and quit the first time. I think for most of us though it's a lot of frustrating trial and error. Sounds like the "personal tribulations" might be a place to start...?

Get some good rest. Your body will take care of the wine; we'll try to help you keep the next one out.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had a million false starts. You can do it...you've got a whole cheering section here at SR!
Old 11-03-2010, 01:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Don't feel bad, pick yourself up and start again when you are ready.
You have our support!
Old 11-03-2010, 03:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad you are back and sharing. I too stumbled and learned from it and picked back up. It takes time to adjust to handling the ups/downs in life without drinking. Drinking was so part of who I was that I really didn't know how to handle much without it. Getting support and making positive change was tremendous for my recovery. I am still learning but I know that each obstacle or challenge in life we overcome in sobriety strengthens us and builds our self confidence.

Don't give up and stay with the support. You can do this!
Old 11-03-2010, 05:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I had more relapses than I care to remember. But I never gave up and with the support of my friends here and my wonderful counselor I'm coming up on eleven months sober! So if I can do it, so can you!:
Old 11-03-2010, 05:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I knew it would be hard too, and it was harder than I thought.

I hope you can re-commit to your sobriety.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone You all make me feel like believing in mysef and trying again. *sigh* Heres to dusting ourselves off when we fall
Old 11-03-2010, 08:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Good attitude - I like it! We're all in this together, after all. So keep thinking positive and hang out here whenever it gets dicey. :ghug3