update on me

Old 11-01-2010, 01:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

update on me

Hello SR!!

I wanted to updated everyone on my progress. A lot of good things have happened.

First off, we reached a settlement for my divorce and I am getting almost everything I want. So I have been in contact with my stbxah. I keep it simple with him though. My lawyer is sending him the paperwork to sign and on Nov 18 (which would have been my 4th wedding anniversary) I should be divorced. Through the contact I found out he is now a drug addict too. He claims he stopped in August with the drugs but he went through his whole 401K partying it up. I have no doubt I made the right decision to divorce now. I can understand how this is a progressive disease. I saw him go from a weekend binge drinker to a full fledged alcoholic and drug addict. Boy am I glad to be almost out.

I just made it to round two with a new job interview that I am very excited about and would give me a wonderful life/work balance. It also wouldnt be a high stressful job as I currently have. And its offering more money and same vacation as I currently have.

I also met a wonderful guy who is very thoughtful and seems to care about me. He makes me laugh a lot and its very carefree so far.

I am so happy to have some "happy" back in my life. And to be taking care of me. Finally, its about me again.

Hugs,

Lulu
Old 11-01-2010, 01:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

whew. big sigh of relief, lulu.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

lulu
Such good news! And how wonderful for you to share so that others can see that things can get better when you begin making decisions regarding what is best for you.

gentle hugs
Old 11-01-2010, 04:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Such a positive post! I am so happy for you!
Old 11-01-2010, 04:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

nice to know its not all bad-a good luck story-and one thats worked out-keep doin it your way and the best of luck to you.x

john
xx
Old 11-01-2010, 05:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dear Lulu,

Like everyone else here at SR- it is good to hear good news and to hear you feeling much better about your life and its possibilities!
Old 11-01-2010, 07:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting, Lulu. I love these positive stories