Notices

Newbie posting <<<waves Hello>>>

Old 10-31-2010, 02:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lightbulb Newbie posting <<<waves Hello>>>

A little about me:

I [ in oct] quit my carreer's possition of over 10 yrs looking after parents with mild to Moderate Demetia.

I also had to drive a long way [as in a couple of hrs to do this]

I also had/still have to look after my own home and family with a disabled husband.

Total Burnout.

I Now Need To Look After Me !

I just, as in Oct 2010 started to give up Numerous kinds of Hard Core painkillers, that were used to treat chronic pain and illness symptoms. The only Tab still on is for Depression. That's going to stay for a another yr or more.

I did this myself, 1 tab less each day and by the 12th Oct .10 I stopped taking them.

I'm over most of the chucky feeling, I've still got the wobbley legs and NO energy yet. Headaches are the worst.

I have my families support and my Doctors and my Friends, but, there are things I feel I just cannot talk to them about.

This forum, I hope will filll this gap.

Cheers
Old 10-31-2010, 03:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

it will-welcome-we're all here together for one reason-help, support, advice, guidance-don't be afraid to speak and don't gloss over the truth and everything will be fine-just looked at my first line then-not one reason-MANY-all with the same goal-and we're all working together to get to where we want to be.

feel free to rant-i do it all the time-it might look or sound stupid-but it REALLY does help.

anyway welcome and hope to see you posting some more-as you do your outlook will improve.

best of luck with everything.

john.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR 1countingcrows
Good to see another Aussie

You'll find a lot of support and encouragement here - also feel free to check out our substance abuse forum too

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 10-31-2010, 04:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

1cc, welcome and so glad you are here. You have our support and there is lots of good info and experience here.

Seems like you have a good plan in place and well done on involving your Dr and loved ones. I too found that SR was that missing piece. It is an invaluable tool in my recovery and to be able to share with others who get it and have been there is amazing.

Looking forward to the journey and know that there is a beautiful amazing life after addiction. You can do this.

All the best.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank You all for the welcome.

I followed the link and straight away found one of the evil tabs I'm getting over. Oxycodine.

Also getting over Capadex, Oxytemase [sp] also Celebrex [altho that may be back next winter, it's more of an antiflamitary]

I'm not alone.... sigh
Old 10-31-2010, 04:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I forgot to say Alcohol is one major issue. Family background of additions to both alcohol and hospital painkillers.

I also haven't had a drink in a month.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR! I'm glad you found us and joined the family.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Welcome!

Do you have a plan to support you in sobriety? I like AA very much, and we have a lot of folks in NA, too. Many of us find face-to-face support very valuable.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

No, i'm winging it.

I have seen a Phycologist 6 times in the past 3 months and my own doctor.

But, You reminded me of a good resourse. Thank You, I'll check into it

Peace
Old 10-31-2010, 07:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Sometimes others who have had to recover from the same problem are helpful when doctors and psychologists have failed to make any headway.

Good luck!
Old 10-31-2010, 09:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

lexie you hit it on the head again-i've been chasing my mental health "services" for help talking through my issues for too long-and my doctor-i finally grew a pair and went to my doc's last week-and sat there UNTIL he done something to help me-instead of palming me off with yet more tablets and referrals-i don't know where the will came from but i just turned and said to myself"enough is enough" i know winging it is not the best idea-i should know that better than anyone-but the ONLY way to get help in the u.k sometimes is to be the proverbial pain in the a$$ and be stubborn and not back down-i hope this detox works-I had to fight hard enough to get it !!
Old 11-03-2010, 10:16 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It's 3:35 AM here, having a bad night. Muscle cramps in shoulders, arms, back and legs and calves.

Insomnia.

Craving something to swollow to forget the hassles of today.

Sad my DS wont be home for Christmas or NYE. [He joined the army back in may]

Sad I will never have the parents I want them to be [ I want Non-Toxic parents]

Sad my husband and I celebrated our 26 yr anniversary today, and we did Nothing. I cooked a beef roast, veg and trimmings and make a nice black cherry and panna cotta desert. with whipped cream and icecream on the side. and rasberry sauce

That was it. sat in front of our respective tv's chilled out, but didn't talk to each other much.....sad.

We have had couples councilling but he [ hubby] can't see anything wrong with our marriage. And no, it is not a mirror of his parents relationship. His parents talked and were very sociable.

I want something to numb myself and just drift on nothingness.

Arggg Cramps back, driving me nuts. cant relax

No, I havent had anything, Im trying to tough it out and doing light streches.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

sorry, only found out Today that DS is working through Christmas. he was suppossed to be comming home for Christmas. and I was looking forwards to seeing him
Old 11-03-2010, 10:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

It's sad when things don't work out the way we want them to, but we have no control over what others do. I hope you can plan a happy Christmas and New Year's for yourself.

It sounds like you're doing well. Congratulations on a month sober and on giving up the pills.

Good for you!
Old 11-03-2010, 10:57 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome!!!

Keep coming back, you'll find a lot of support here
Old 11-03-2010, 02:26 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep going 1countingcrows - it was my natural state to want to be numb too...but it was killing me and destroying my soul. There is a better way - you can do this

D