The disease steals again . . .

Old 10-27-2010, 11:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

The disease steals again . . .

Hey my friends,

It's a PINKFUL day ~ regardless of what we encounter along our paths.

This Saturday, my youngest step-daughter will have a beautiful HUGE wedding - It will be an event!!!! Seven attendants at an outdoor plantation style home in the middle of Southern "Cajun" Louisiana - Weather is predicted to be a cool brisk night.

All will be present, sisters, mothers (her real mom & I), grandmothers,uncles, aunts, cousins, friends, and, and, and NO ~ Her Dad, my ex husband will not.

The invitation went out as the daughter of Ms. __________, his name wasn't even listed.

Yes, I know this man, my ex AH was really awful to me during our divorce, he was revengeful, hateful and nasty- He has created the mess he is in. I know.

But I have to say ~ I know deep down inside this daughter, there is a little heart break that her father will not be there to walk her down the aisle. To not watch her marry the man of her dreams.

I truly do believe that somewhere inside of him, still lives that father that is grieving the loss of this opportunity too. That misses his daughters and grandchildren. I'm sure he and his disease will act out the "victim" mode and be angry, hateful and mean - That's what they do.

But I have seen that other side - most of us have seen the other side of the addicts - they do have feelings too.

Before the disease completely ruled their lives.

So once again - Saturday as I sit at this beautiful wedding, I will pause a moment - for the grief and say a silent prayer for the man still out there and all of those who are with him - doing what addicts.

Feeling the grief for what this disease has stolen from each and every person in this world.

From my perspective, I truly believe all have been robbed of some joy, life, love or beauty by the disease of alcoholism and addiction.

But as I said in the beginning - It is a PINKFUL day, regardless and I refuse to live my life any other way any longer!

PINK HUGS to you & yours,
Rita
Old 10-27-2010, 11:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Addiction is a thief that comes to rob, kill, and destroy.....
Old 10-27-2010, 11:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

MissPinkAcres, go to my blog and read, I am your disease. Or better yet, I will copy and send it to you in a message. Yes, addiction is a thief, a liar, a killer. Addiction was invented by the devil. Only he could give humans such a dreaded disease that destroys so much. Keep your beautiful attitude, and stay positive. Have a blessed and beautiful time at the wedding. Look at the beautiful gifts of love and family that she has, and not the father that is not there due to his disease. And yes, I'm sure he does feel sad and left out. Even though it's his own fault, he is still a human being, and I'm sure he has feelings of love for his little girl. Thanks for posting this.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Your compassion shines through.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for letting your PINKFUL day shine on mine.

I will join you in a prayer for those still in the grips of addiction and those who have suffered with them.

I've been to some of those amazing plantation style homes down there.....it will be a beautiful, and joyful wedding.

enjoy!

gentle hugs
Old 10-27-2010, 03:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes Ms. Pink. So we have commiserated on mean old addiction. But enough! Bring on the wedding! Bring on the good times and the good memories! Bring on life in all its splendor! Weddings do not happen enough in our lives. I'm going to imagine that bride looking like Scarlet O'Hara at Tara.

But when i think of Scarlet O'Hara, I cannot help but think of Carol Burnett's skit where she came down the stairs wearing the forest green velvet curtains - drapery rod and all!!

Enjoy the day
Old 10-27-2010, 03:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Your compassion just touches my heart. He is a sick man who can never regain these lost precious moments and I will keep him in my prayers too, and all the addicts who still suffer.

The wedding sounds splendid. We will, of course, require full details from Reporter Pink, so we get to share the joy and the southern nuance.

Hugs