update on AD

Old 10-27-2010, 07:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face update on AD

well its been about a month since my first post and wanted to update everyone.. i finally got my granddaughter with me in a safe place. thank god... as for my AD thats another story, she is out at a motel living day to day and i have no idea where or how she is getting money to stay in a hotel let alone her drugs but i cannot focus on that i have to stay focused on giving my granddaughter a better life. i thank god that she at least had the brain to bring me her daughter and let me care for her and i did not have to go through the legal channels yet... i have learned that there is nothing i can do for my daughter until she makes that choice but i can help my granddaughter.. i just wanted to say thanks to everyone for your prayers and wishes and keep praying for my AD but know that my granddaughter is safe and fine....
Old 10-27-2010, 07:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the good update - and I will be praying for your AD, you, your grand-daughter, and everyone in your family who has been affected by this awful disease of addiction...

Sojourner
Old 10-27-2010, 07:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Parent, that is great about your little granddaughter. You have done wonders! You have to just hope and pray now that your daughter will find a path to sobriety. Little girl is the one who cannot help herself so that is where the focus is needed. God bless you. What age is the little girl?
Old 10-27-2010, 07:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So good to hear that your granddaughter is safe with you. My prayers will be with you and your family as your daughter struggles with her addiction and you struggle to maintain your serenity.

gentle hugs
Old 10-27-2010, 07:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Parent, So good to hear your g-d is with you, safe & sound. That is where your focus
lies, as your g-d needs you. I'm praying that your AD will find her way to recovery. It took mine living in a motel...doing whatever she needed to do to use...to finally reach her bottom.

Hugs,
Chris
Old 10-27-2010, 07:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm as bad as I want to be...

Wow your GD is so lucky to have you i'n her life!
Old 10-27-2010, 08:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thank you all.. my granddaughter is 13 months old she is such a sweet girl i am so blessed... this group has been so good for me and i am so thankful that i found it.... everyone is correct i can only worry about my granddaughter right now and just pray that my AD hits rock bottom soon..... i dont allow myself to focus on what she is doing to get the money or what she is doing daily cause if i do god only knows but i would be in a mental hospital...lol.... i do not know if this is selfish of me but like everyone has said my main focus is on Granddaughter and in order for me to do this i have to block out my AD actions... again thank you everyone...
Old 10-27-2010, 10:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

((((((((((((((((((((((((parentneedshelp))))))))))) )))))))))))
We do what we have to do to survive in the face of what we see our child doing
or what they have done.
We endure what borders on unbearable.
Detachment is not easy, but often necessary.
It is often the best action we can take to stay sane ourselves.

You must get joy ea. day from your grandbaby. How great that you can
put your focus on her.