Notices

this is the last time i go through this i swear!

Old 10-26-2010, 01:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry this is the last time i go through this i swear!

I am awake at 4am and it has been a whole 28 hours since i have last used percocet or any type of oxycodone/hydrocodone. i have been using opioides now off and on for about 3 years. This is my 3rd and FINAL time quitting! My last withdrawal symptoms were from morphine and that was no joke I thought until NOW! I have succesfully quit in the past with no NA meetings or anything just cold turkey. I remember reading blogs in the past during late nights fighting these creepy crawly feeling running through my arms and legs and this is my first time joining and actually posting a thread. I am officially on day 2 now and have every intention of updating you guys on how im doing to help myself get through this mess! my wife and I have been snorting blue roxy's for quite some time now and are both READY to get this sh*t over with. she is passed out in bed right now and to keep from waking her i have been in the living room going crazy all night. it is hitting me hard and i jsut wanted to get some stuff off my chest. if anyone has any tips PLEASE feel free to chat with me, my legs are going crazy and im super super anxious right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot! -David
Old 10-26-2010, 01:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

welcome mate-stick here and you will be fine-i know from experience that posting and listening to feedback off other who have been there and got through it-is priceless-no doctor or shrink can give you the sort of advice that is available on here-people are really friendly-because at the end of the day we're all here for one reason or another-and we all pull together for the same cause-to get clean.

hope your day goes ok and you get to day 3-thoughts are with you mate-just bear with it.

john.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on the 28 hours. You say you quit last time without any help? Try everything you didn't try before. Get all the help you can get.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hey john thank u verrrry much for the quick response bud. i just tried to lie down again and it didnt work, only made me more frustrated and anxious! i know from experience what to expect, and i know i can make it. i have to for myself and for my family
Old 10-26-2010, 01:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

yes i am turning to here for help for starters and going to talk with the wifey about possible meetings or something.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Go for a run? If you're so anxious that you can't stay still then you may aswell use the energy for good use?! lol. On a more serious note... try and relax. If lying down doesn't help, then try and sit down and take some deep breaths. Play a game on the PC, make a cuppa tea and chill, watch some tele or just try and get some sleep on the couch. It all gets easier the longer you leave the stuff alone. Just remember that. A quick fix is all it is. A QUICK fix. Not a long term fix. Hang in there mate. We're all here with you!
Old 10-26-2010, 02:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Stay strong, you'll soon make it through this. Then the real work begins. Only a couple more hours til it's light and a new day.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

ive got to echo big's ideas-do it hour by hour mate-looking at it psycholigically-it's easier to think about getting to the next hour than thinking about having to get to tomorrow-it normally works for me-and is much less stressful-if you find something to fill that hour then you're one hour nearer to tomorrow-i know it might sound mad when you think about it-i do something to fill the hour-when ii get there i smile and think "right something else to do to get me to the next hour" the more hours go by the more you do-the more tired you will get-as i say, it's only my opinion but it works for me-i just have to work hour ny hour.

hope this hasn't done your head in !! lol just trying to help.best wishes and speak to you later hopefully.

john
Old 10-26-2010, 02:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

wow i wasnt sure how much support I would get by registering on here and was honestly a little skeptical. this is so awesome guys thank you very much for your encouragement. I took your advice biggestscrewup and did a TON of push ups hahaha. it did help but still no sleep but thats expected. the sun should be up in about an hour, i think i will take my dog for a walk. i sure could use the fresh air. once agian thank you guys and please do keep checking back with me on this journey to sobriety!
Old 10-26-2010, 03:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad you are sharing 2nite and welcome to SR. You have our support and we folks from all over so I call it my 24/7 support.

I don't have experience with pills but I do urge you to reach out to Dr. if you have concerns. Keeping them in the loop is definitely advisable.

Glad to see you are looking to add face to face support as well. I found that critical to my recovery.

All the best! Looking forward to the journey
Old 10-26-2010, 03:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR! Do check out the substance abuse forum, lots of support and good ideas there from people who have been in your situation.

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 10-26-2010, 03:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome 2nite

Welcome to SR - I have no experience with pills but I know you're making a good choice to quit

You'll find a lot of support here, and in the forum least mentioned too.

D
Old 10-26-2010, 05:14 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congratulations and good luck! I am also in my 3rd attempt in trying to kick a serious oxy habit for the past 4 years. I am on suboxone for the third time and have also started an intensive rehab program. Best of luck to us!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

wow i made it through one of the roughest night of my life. im going to try to have a productive day to wear myself out so hopefully tonight will be much better. enjpying not being a slave to the blue pill ill tell u that tho
Old 10-26-2010, 12:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hang in there!

I don't have experience with pills, but I know when I quit drinking I didn't sleep for awhile. And when I did I had horrible dreams that made me scared to fall asleep again. But that passed. Remember all the times you used is not going to go away quickly, but it does get better day by day. I struggle with my mind going 100 miles a minute too! They tell me that will go away in time too, I sure hope it does cuz it is driving me nuts!
Old 10-26-2010, 01:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

hope ur feelin ok mate-if yo've got this far then congrats-not being patronising but the first step is the hardest-you've done that and hopefully you're on the way-do whatever it takes to tire yourself out and so you don't need that little blue pill-i sympathise with the way you're feeling and i know deep down you'll make it this time.

best wishes mate and have a good day/night.

john.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:54 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR to you too michwein

D
Old 10-26-2010, 06:14 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Remember- Time is your greatest friend. Every moment which passes without your feeding your addiction is pure gold to you. Time is the currency which will save your life. Each moment will build on the previous one. Each hour, each day. You can do this. Every good wish.

W.